Ballistics expert wanted

I am not a conspiracy theorist and we had decided not to rehash the Kennedy assassination here BUT I just obtained a book which makes me wonder. Information which I had not heard or thought of before. I will gladly send this on to any ballistics expert who wants who will read it and give me his opinion.

I dislike the term expert…call me a serious practicing student of terminal ballistics. Complex (real-world) internal and external cartridge ballistics are a bit out of my league, at least as far as predictability and modeling goes.

I’m a bit of a knuckledragger about some things so I try to keep an open mind in order to continue learning without external filters. I’d be happy to read any new material you have and give my dos pesos.

Should I PM you with send-to info? I can also forward it to other likeminded folks I know.

Expert? no, but interested yes. There are ballistic implications in the Kennedy shooting that have occoured to me already.

I was initially not going to respond, as I am no ballistics “Expert”. However I have done a little forensic ballistics work, and am fairly knowledgeable about most of the published Kennedy ballistic “evidence,” and even know a bit of ammunition-related information (from a source - now deceased - who was directly involved in the investigation) that has, to my knowledge, never been published, nor can it ever be verified. I’m certainly not nearly as qualified as many in this forum, and I am not an assassination conspiracy theorist, but it’s a topic that interests me.

By the way - I was in downtown Dallas on the day of the crime, but at the opposite (east) end of downtown. It was a memorable experience and a real coincidence that I was there. Therefrom springs my interest.

[quote=“Mwinter”]I dislike the term expert…call me a serious practicing student of terminal ballistics. Complex (real-world) internal and external cartridge ballistics are a bit out of my league, at least as far as predictability and modeling goes.

I’m a bit of a knuckledragger about some things so I try to keep an open mind in order to continue learning without external filters. I’d be happy to read any new material you have and give my dos pesos.

Should I PM you with send-to info? I can also forward it to other likeminded folks I know.[/quote]

First come first served. PM me a mailing address and I will send this out to you. Looking forward to your report. You might share with these others if you like. Thanks.

This is some serious and thought provoking analysis.

I have had several requests for this book. My only copy has been sent. The book is not new but new to me. It is called “Mortal Error” by Bonar Menninger. Maybe there are others available. I do not know.

Dr. Schmitt,

Thank you for that information. The book seems to be available via Amazon: amazon.com/Mortal-Error-ball … 0312080743

Sounds like a very interesting take on the event that I had not heard discussed before.

Dave

I thought the unidentified book could have been Mortal Error. I read it maybe 8-10 years ago, and I probably still have it somewhere. I remember the main points well (even if not the details), and at the time felt that had the shooting happened as theorized in the book, the facts would have been very nearly impossible to cover up, especially as there would not have been any good reason, at least in my opinion, for promulgating a cover-up. But stranger things have happened.

I don’t know, but I can guess, that the moderators wouldn’t want us to get involved with these subjects on here so if anybody wants to chew the fat off forum it would be appropriate take it off forum.
But before I leave it I would say this, no matter how many books, no matter how many opinions, you are never going to know because nobody is ever going to tell you.
All conspiracy theories meet with a totat wall of silence.

The moderators decided long ago that this would not be a topic and so I drop it here. Glad to visit it with anyone on a PM basis. Cover ups? - there are plenty enough to go around.