Big Brother Laser marked ammo

A totally new field for collectors - may be one day we all get an ID on the forehead :-).

Oh my. I wonder if lower serial numbered cartridges will be more collectable? ;)

No one I have met from the industry side or federal enforcement side wants this. Then again all my enforcement buddies are gun lovers.

What would it take to remove it? 30 seconds with a needle file.

Also, say you go to the range and shoot a box of ammo, do you have to collect every empty case and destroy it to prevent anyone from reloading it and framing you for a crime?

I can just see all the Gunbroker auctions now with titles like: “Pre-ban code-free ammo”! Murder your neighbors, no muss, no fuss, no trace!

Falcon,

Is this ever goes through you probally wont be allowed to reload, and ANY ammo with out the mark [pre ban] must be destroyed!!! Bunch of BS!

Steve

Where can I get some of this in 9x19 before it all disappears. These marked rounds will be very collectable someday. In fact, some of our group (names withhed) will want to collect them by serial number!!!

[quote=“stevef”]Falcon,

Is this ever goes through you probally wont be allowed to reload, and ANY ammo with out the mark [pre ban] must be destroyed!!! Bunch of BS!

Steve[/quote]
But if someone picks up some of the 50 rounds of laser coded 9mm you just fired at the range and reloads them, you could be suspect in a murder you know absolutely nothing about.

Yes thats true if the case is re-loadable, But theroreticaly all pre-ban ammo and re-loading items bullets, cases, primers, ect must be destroyed So their should not be anything to reload with! An this according to the GFW [gun fearing wussies] would solve the problem. When in reality the only people this would hurt are the law abiding shooters hunters and collectors.

It all comes down to a legal system does not hold an invidual accountable for his or her actions. Its easier to make up stupid new laws than hold a peice of steel accountable and not the person that did it.

steve

Everyone needs to calm down and not get their shorts in a knot over stuff like this. There’s a big leap from someone suggesting coded ammunition and it actually becoming the law, and enforceable.

Right now on the “shooting” forums there are rumors spreading that there will be no more surplus ammunition available, ever again. Everyone is freaking out and no one even knows what the real story is as yet.

So, relax. Don’t worry. Be happy.

JMHO

Ray

This will be the end of swapping, no more dupes!

Ray ,

Your right, and hopefully this &^$%^! law wont ever pass…just gets my feathers ruffuled.

Steve

Falcon,
Can we assume that there are some you do know something about?? ;<)