Big collector ammo theft in ohio

SOMETIME DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY ONE OF THE STORAGE BUNKERS OF CSA IN NORTHEASTERN OHIO WAS BURGLERIZED AND A LARGE QUANTITY OF COLLECTOR AMMUNITION STOLEN. MANY OF THESE ITEMS ARE UNIQUE AND ARE PHOTOGRAPHED. THEY ARE THE TYPE OF ITEMS WHICH WILL FIND THEIR WAY INTO GUN SHOW AND CARTRIDGE SHOWS IN THE FUTURE. OF SPECIAL NOTE ARE THE SECTIONED FUZES FROM THE HILLERLEBEN COLLECTION WHICH ARE MOUNTED ON ROUND BLACK MARBLE BASES.

HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE FUZES.

ANYONE SEEING SUCH FOR SALE SHOULD DETERMINE THE NAME OF THE SELLER EITHER DIRECTLY OR FROM THE SHOW MANAGER AND CALL THE LOCAL POLICE. PLEASE ALSO NOTIFY DR. CRITTENDEN SCHMITT THROUGH THIS FORUM OR THROUGH THE INFORMATION IN THE IAA MEMBERSHIP LIST OR THROUGH EBAY ( CSAEOD ).

LARGE REWARD AVAILABLE !

That sucks so bad! I will totally keep my eyes out on the net and local Miami Gun Shows if they make it this far South.

Jason

I will keep an eye out in the Kansas area and online

Thank you for the offers of help. About 50 ammo cans of collector ammo and fuzes were removed from my storage by the thieves . I suspect that it was locals and that the items will show up in Ohio, Western Pa. or West Virginia. Several storage bays were robbed in addition to mine. This was not a targeted event.

People not familiar with collector ammo will try to sell at gun shops , antiques stores and gun shows.

I hope you don’t mind, but I cross posted your origional post on a couple of gun boards I use. Nothing like a few extra eyes looking out for your item.