Big surprise from Russia!

Repackaged surplus .45ACP cartridges.

42 round boxes with mixed headstamps: “WCC 42” and “RA 42”

Any idea when this might have been re-packed and if the 42 round boxes are original or Soviet design? I suspect that the box size was created to fit the standard size metal can.

AKMS[/img]

Very interesting that the tin is printed in English.

This is done for export purposes. I think Russia has bigger surprises than that.

EOD,

you know how Mosin Nagant tins are/were packed. It looks to me as if the .45 ctgs were packed into MN cardboard boxes.

Happy Easter holiday to all!

Hi Hans, these here should be 7.62x25 Tokarev boxes.

In the last couple of years the Russians seem to have dumped huge numbers of WW2 lend lease Thompson SMGs on the surplus market along with magazines, pouches, pistol belts, etc. Supposedly these were included as part of the equipment sent with all sorts of tanks, etc, but the Russkies didn’t like the oddball stuff complicating their [tenuous] logistics system, so it all got stuck in storage. Guess they finally figured it was time to dump all the obsolete guns and ammo for dollars.

I believe that some the Chicoms dumped a lot of .45 ACP ammo with US style headstamps that was actually made in China for “clandestime” purposes, but was corrosive. The Russian stuff mentioned in the posts above looks to be real US made stuff. (At least in my opinion).

Here is an interesting question, at least in my mind…

I assume all this stuff was given to them in a lend lease sort of deal, we agreed to “give” it to them free of charge basically for them to use in the war, maybe it might even still be ours technically and legally…

Shouldn’t the money they are making on selling these items be given to the US??? Or all the Thompsons and ammo and such returned???

Of course if they did our arschloch gov would just destroy it, since they don’t want mere peons to posses more than a cap gun (even those are in danger,look at Great Britain, now banning airsoft!)

On top of that, the Thompson SMG’s that this ammo was for are coming back to us in the form of de-milled parts kits…

AKMS

EOD, I knew I could count on you! Does the use of those TT boxes allow a speculation about between when and when the ctgs were repacked?

Hans, I shall ask some Russian guys who might know better since I have seen these packs with them before.

[quote=“pzjgr”]Here is an interesting question, at least in my mind…

Shouldn’t the money they are making on selling these items be given to the US??? Or all the Thompsons and ammo and such returned???
[/quote]

No, since they paid for it.

[quote=“EOD”][quote=“pzjgr”]Here is an interesting question, at least in my mind…

[/quote]

No, since they paid for it.[/quote]

Did they actually pay for it? I think much of the war aid from the US to various countries during WWII was given…I know the material given to Britain under lend lease was in a strict sense “lent”, that is why the Enfield No. 4 rifles manufactured by Savage were stamped “US Property”…I believe at least some of the material sent to Russia was under a lend lease sort of deal…

Not that it matters much, I was just curious. I believe much of the war aid etc given out by the US since the 40’s has gone unpaid for…

pzjgr, check this out:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

I don’t know about other countries, but here is an amazing fact about what happened to the tanks, half tracks aso lent to France by US government after WWII.

One day my company had one military contract to make remote control mines. Being in charge of all the electronics projects one day I went to make trials onto an army ground.
And do you know what were the targets???
Patton tanks, halftracks and so on !
And plenty of them were on the base, in very good condition.
The people explained me (except for a few Patton tanks they still use to track AMX 30 tanks) that all this material has to be sent back to the US, broken or working it doesn’t matter, because in any case it will be destroyed overthere.
These were the terms of the US lending.
Therefore for years they have been used and were still used as targets.
The tanks we destroyed with mines were empty but even like that , after they jumped high in the airs, inside was burn like evil !
JP