Bill Massey Green Bay,WI passed today

Long time IAA (I think Life Member) passed this afternoon. He was in his upper 80’s and died peacefully after a very short hospital stay. He and his late wife, Mary Sue, were fixtures at the Chicago/St Louis shows (back left corner) until she passed several years ago. He loved shot shells and Maynards and was a championship skeet/trap shooter til age made the gun a tad heavy. He was an avid reloader and slowly divested his cartridge collection after his traveling partner passed ( I took remnants to SLICS a few years ago and he was so impressed that people would buy items knowing they were his). I saw him last week in his independent home and he asked of his many SLICS collecting pals and regaled me of all he read in his last journal. I saw him late this afternoon, albeit he was asleep. His daughter called me just after dinner. He joins his wife and the long list of silver haired cartridge collectors that no longer chase an allusive headstamp

2 Likes

Would this be back left corner?

Could be but it’s been 8 +/- years since he’s traveled to SLICS. That’s not Bill. I’ll look for a photo

1 Like

EXTREME CONDOLENCES, to his family and friends. May his memory be a blessing to all who knew him. So sorry

Jason