Bill Woodin’s Laboratory in pictures III

7 Likes

Are “double impulse” like a 2 stage rocket?

Some of the individual 5.56 duplex/subsonic items

It just goes on and on…

10 Likes

Mind boggling!!

I have a question for the website master. Is it possible to keep Woodin Lab topics together, in some kind of a folder, so when one of many topics get updated, they go to the top of the page but stay together? So in the future, if someone opens/updates “Bill Woodin’s Laboratory in pictures VII”, the viewer will see the previous parts too.

2 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t understand the concept of “double impulse”. I understand that the 7.62 case has a primer, I understand that the “impulse cartridge” also has a primer, them …How it is possible to hit two primers consecutively??
And other question: a impulsive cartridge load with ball??

Hello All,
I decided to start the job, I have already downloaded all the pictures you had posted on differents post on “Bill Woodin”. And started to dowload most of them in the ressource center and I’m waiting for the acceptance of the topic. Will download the others as soon as possible. All pictures are of course individualy credited to each of you who posted them. I hope that It will be possible for you to access them later and could add details or identify the cartridges in the pictures.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll assume the things inside plastic tubes are gyrojets?

I remember a long time ago, a member sold, I think it was 40mm, Railgun APFSDS projectile to, Mr. Woodin. It had flat, very complicated looking sabot petals. I think it was designed with only 2 petals? Has anyone ever seen it or taken a photo :-)

Jason

1 Like

Doesn’t ring a bell. Generally the collection stopped before 35mm.

1 Like

What are these?

Hello Myhem

They are survival flares

Jean

2 Likes

What an incredible selection of Gyrojets! Thanks for all the Woodin pictures you guys.
Laurent, thank you and good luck with your project.
Zac

1 Like

4 Likes

Hi, question
what is this?
thank you very much
IAA dotaz

I think I posted that on the first thread in this series -

4 Likes

USSubs…many thanks for posting pictures

1 Like