Bisley 8 and 10drawer cabinets on sale at container store

Normally $220, now $150. I have 3 of the 5drawer and love them. Went and picked up the 8drawer. I found these to be awesome since I don’t have room for the big map filing cabinets.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage/drawers?productId=10000342

Those look like a good deal. I have been looking for map drawers for years and still haven’t found one within a reasonable driving or shipping distance.

I’d have to drive to Scottsdale (Phoenix) to get some of these but I may do it.

Can you tell me how deep the small drawers are. I assume they are deep enough to hold a box of cartridges lying down?

Thanks for that link

PS _ If I had them shipped, do you know where they would ship from? That may be cheaper than gas for the truck.

Ray

One more question - What are the actual inside dimensions of the drawers?

Ray

The 10 drawer cabinet will easily hold 30x173 and 40mm M79/M203/Mk19 grenades… Let’s call them regular height.
The 8 drawer has 2ea 1/2 height, 3ea regular and 3ea double height.

The regular drawers are more than tall enough for boxes of ammo. The 1/2 height will be perfect for loose rounds or baggies of loose rounds.

The rails are modular so you can mix/match the drawers from other cabinets. You could get two of the 8 drawer and swap the drawers around.

ETA: The inserts that go into them are slightly larger than 9x14. I’ll measure the drawers when I get home tonight.
ETA: shipping is based on the $ amount of the order.

Standard Shipping Shipping charges are based on the regular retail price of all items before tax. You should expect delivery in 5-10 business days from the order date.
Merchandise Total Shipping
Up to $14.99 $8.95
$15.00 - $24.99 $9.45
$25.00 - $39.99 $9.95
$40.00 - $54.99 $10.45
$55.00 - $69.99 $11.95
$70.00 - $99.99 $13.95
$100.00 - $114.99 $15.95
$115.00 - $149.99 $18.95
$150.00 - $199.99 $21.95
$200.00 - $999.99 10% of merchandise total
$1,000.00 - Above 10% of merchandise total

9 1/8 x 14 1/2 "

1", 2" and 4" depths

These are pretty neat.

Here is the manufacture’s website with info sheets on them bisleyus.com/products?produc … s%5B%5D=43

That is dirt cheap shipping for something so large and heavy!

I think I ought to explain the Bisley name as members will have heard it mentioned on here many times. Bisley is a village near Aldershot in Surrey UK and the location of the UK’s National Shooting Grounds on what used to be an army camp.

As you leave the main road head heading towards the ranges there is a small industrial area to the left which is home to an office supply company called Bisley.

So it is the same Bisley but the connection is only geographical. A nice touch though given what they are to be used for.

The older cabinets have a badge with the old company logo of the outline of a standing rifle shooter. However, it seems that this logo is no longer used. It’s probably not politically correct to modern society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisley,_Surrey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Bisley

Interesting!

Great cabinets for holding cartridges, they come in various sizes as A4 or A3 sheet sizes. Allsorts of combinations of draw depths. A normal A3 size draw will hold about 100 x 12 bore cartridges laid flat. I have green baize underneath as a contrast and liner to the draws. You can get them with locks or without. Sizes I use are either 10 or 15 draws high and there are various others.
No cheap but worth every penny.

Mike.

Great cabinets for holding cartridges, they come in various sizes as A4 or A3 sheet sizes. Allsorts of combinations of draw depths. A normal A3 size draw will hold about 100 x 12 bore cartridges laid flat. I have green baize underneath as a contrast and liner to the draws. You can get them with locks or without. Sizes I use are either 10 or 15 draws high and there are various others.
No cheap but worth every penny.

Mike.