Black Eley Edge .22LR

Hello all,

During some online browsing I came across a cartridge, that I believe, to have not been mentioned on the forum before. They are the Eley Edge .22LR cartridges, with a black case and black 40 grain bullet. (It looks very neat!)

The following link shows a good view of the box, cartridge and headstamp: http://www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk/product/22-lr-eley-edge/

-Dave

Dave,

These are quite popular at my shooting club, I first saw them appearing last summer. They’re not cheap at around £132/1000 (just over US$200/1000) but they seem accurate enough and having a flat nosed bullet, they punch a clean hole in a target.

Peter

Eley was featuring these at the shot show this year.

I must find one at some point to add to my collection!

[quote=“enfield56”]Dave,

These are quite popular at my shooting club, I first saw them appearing last summer. They’re not cheap at around £132/1000 (just over US$200/1000) but they seem accurate enough and having a flat nosed bullet, they punch a clean hole in a target.

Peter[/quote]

Clearly the people at your club are richer that the people at my club, £132 /1000 would require oxygen and a defribulator on a regular basis.

I’ve shot a lot of those since they came out, and they are very accurate.

You can get a box from this source

http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/index.php/ammo/eley/eley-edge-22lr-box-of-50-rounds.html

Note also they show two new rounds just released, both with 42 grain bullets, the Eley Contact and Eley Force. The Force also has the blackened brass and bullet, like the Eley Edge, but a round-nose bullet, not the EPS flat point.

When they came out, a couple of members of the Tuesday Afternoon Schuetzen Verein bought 40 boxes (4 bricks). Our collective opinion is that they did not pay their way. We shot them in 2 re-barreled Ballards, 2 Stevens 414s, a Kimber, a re-done Winder, a Remington 513T, a very old Uruguayan Anschutz and 2 rather newer Anschutz. They are more expensive than Wolf Match Extra or SK Jagd Rifle Match and perhaps not as accurate. We tried them at 100 yards and 200 yards. But every 22 rimfire rifle is a law unto itself as to what combination is most accurate.