Black Plastic 7.92x57 Dummy

I have a black plastic 7.92x57 Dummy with a (rusty) steel base. This is in the same style as the post war East German dummies, but was this made in East Germany post war, or during or before WW2 under Nazi Rule? Whatever era it is from, where is it most likely to have been made? Is there one single factory that made all of these?

Falcon, it is hard to identify where these black plastic dummy rounds were made, since they bear no headstamp. The ones made at the start of WWII, probably for the most part in 1940, (they changed to red plastic in 1941), have a rounded point to the “bullet”. For the most part, the ones made in the DDR have a very pointed bullet. Otherwise, they are very similar.

I have a relatively scarce black plastic dummy of caliber 9mm Parabellum, with the headstamp “P 40” on it, made at one of the Polte factories, I don’t know which. With the “P” is was likely Werk Magdeburg, but they may have subcontracted out the plastic portion.

It has been said in good sources that all of the black plastic dummies from the DDR (7.92 x 57, 7.92 x 33, 7.62 x 39, 7.62 x 54R, 12.7, 14.5, 7.65mm Browning, 9 x 18mm Makarov, and 9mm Parabellum - perhaps some calibers that I have missed) - were all made in one factory in East Germany. However, there are so many little variations in the milling, bullet ogives, size of firing-pin relief holes or in the later ones, black plastic snap-cap surfaces, and even the internal construction of the steel base’s anchor to the plastic, I tend to doubt that. I would think manufacture by one maker would produce much more uniformity, even if spread over years and years of production. I have no documentation regarding the manufacture of these, however.

I’m insulted!!!
I think the only DDR dummy you left out was 7.62x25 Tokarev!

Thanks John, the bullet on mine is rounded, so I guess that makes it a Nazi-era one. The plastic is also shinier than the DDR examples in other calibres I have (9x18 Makarov, 9x19, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R)

Jon - sorry I left out your favorite caliber. That’s what happens when a dummy writes about dummies.