BLAMMO (Ammo Blogger award)

TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION AND RECOGNIZE THE EFFORTS OF THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THE EFFORTS HERE HOW ABOUT WE VOTE EVERY YEAR FOR A BLAMMO. BLAMMO OF THE YEAR. BLOGGER FOR AMMO . ITS MY IDEAS SO LEAVE ME OUT AND THE THE FELLOWS WHO RUN THIS SHOW DON’T NEED IT. THEY ALWAYS DO A GREAT JOB AND WE APPRECIATE IT. LOTS OF OTHERS PUT CONSIDERABLE TIME INTO ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND POSTING INFORMATION. I WILL DONATE A BLAMMO PRIZE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS. THIS SITE IS SET UP TO DO SURVEYS SO WHY NOT USE IT TO VOTE ?

WHO WAS THE MOST VALUABLE CONTRIBUTOR FOR 2008 ? THE LIST ISN’T THAT LONG BUT THERE IS GOOD COMPETITION.

IDEAS ?

Recommend that nominations be submitted via replies to this thread, with a dealine of ____ [to be established by CSAEOD].

The names nominated can then be placed a “poll” and folks can vote. Polls to close ____ days after opening [another CSAEOD call]

Sounds like fun, a whole new line of information!!!

Steve

I stil lhope it would include people as John M, Guy H, Ray M. they keep the forum going and interesting due to their wealth of knowledge and areas of expertise. Vic

JASON-APFSDS. His two main postings, that he started, have had 113,625 viewings between them. And that is independent of all the other interesting threads that he has either initiated or contributed to. How do you beat that?

Well, never was one much for beauty/popularity contests. We run the risk, on this forum, of alienating the more sensitive among us. My first “vote” was for Jason. His volume of hits factor wins, hands down. But I admit to a bit of bias, as we sorta started here at the same time and have formed a bond beyond this forum. Dr Schmitt, while excluding himself from the prize, probably would win from shear volume of collection and extreme efforts in expanding the hobby. And John M, and John S, and Guy H, and Lew and DocAV and jeez; just look at any ONE answer from the experts in their fields. Unbelievable! Amazes me on a daily basis. My vote goes to everybody. Kinda screws up the prize awarding, I guess. BUT, everybody gets at least ONE vote. You’re welcome.

And Ray M, you get two votes. It’s that Gunners Mates sticking together thing.

Rick

John, then you may also take into account the user with the most postings.
Here we would not need a vote then, it will be just figures.

I assume CSAEOD had in mind the one with the most qualified postings which do not even have to be the most in the board here.

Combining quantity and quality of postings I personnaly think that John Moss will be my favourite. :)
What of course does not mean that there are not many many others which I really do appreciate.

[quote=“EOD”]John, then you may also take into account the user with the most postings.
Here we would not need a vote then, it will be just figures.

I assume CSAEOD had in mind the one with the most qualified postings which do not even have to be the most in the board here.

Combining quantity and quality of postings I personnaly think that John Moss will be my favourite. :)
What of course does not mean that there are not many many others which I really do appreciate.[/quote]

I DIDN’T INTEND FOR NUMBERS TO BE A CONSIDERATION WHEN I SUGGESTED THIS. I HAVE POSTED A LOT AND STILL DO WHEN I GET A CHANCE BUT SINCE THIS IS MY IDEA I PREFER NOT TO BE CONSIDERED AS I DO NOT PURSUE SELF AGRANDISEMENT IN THIS WAY. I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH EXPOSURE IN THE AMMO WORLD.

WHAT I CONSIDER IS ;WHO HAS BEEN THE MOST HELPFULL IN PROVIDING INFORMATION AND ENLIGHTENMENT TO THE COMMUNITY. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW ON MY LIST AND I WON’T MENTION ANY BECAUSE IT WOULD BE BEST FOR EACH TO HAVE THEIR OWN IDEA. SOME MENTIONED ARE EXCELLENT AND WE ALL HOPE WILL CONTINUE TO BE.

THIS IS A MAN’S GAME AND IF BLOGGERS ARE TOO SENSITIVE TO RECOGNIZE OTHERS WHO PERFORM IN AN EXCEPTIONAL MANNER THEN IT REALLY IS A WASTE OF TIME ALL AROUND.

MY LAST ATTEMPT TO STIMULATE INTEREST BY OFFERING A $500 COLLECTION TO ANY YOUTH WHO PROVIDED THE BEST EXPRESSION OF INTEREST IN COLLECTING BROUGHT IN A TOTAL OF 0 REPLIES. THAT IS ZERO.

MAYBE NONE OF YOU FOLKS HAVE KIDS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE HOBBY. I KNOW THAT MINE ARE NOT AND ACCORDING TO BILL WOODIN HIS ARE NOT EITHER.

TRAGIC

IN THE CURRENT INSTANCE WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE AN OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTOR ON A YEARLY BASIS AND I AM WILLING TO SUPPORT THAT. IF NOT , FINE AS WELL.

BEFORE PROCEEDING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE INTEREST . IF NOT , FORGET IT.

Great idea but so hard to pick! I have learned so much here from everyone, especially CSA, John Moss, Rick, EOD, Gravelbelly, Ray, Pepper, Lew, Jon Cohen, Ron M, Sksvlad, Tony Williams, Guy, Cyberwombat, Falcon, AKMS, JP and Harrie (Gyrojet) as well as a bunch of others who each have always gone out of their way to help answer my many questions covering almost every ammunition collecting speciality from 22’s to large bore to crazy underwater bullets :-) Not to mention the bunch of great PM’s I get sent from members who send me random unsolicited pictures and data on my favorite ammo design, large bore APFSDS ammunition. Thanks everyone for enriching my brain!

Jason
PS: Not sure if this helped but I like your idea CSA

Many fine names mentioned above. I would like to add Doc AV to the list.

Unless CSAEOD tells me otherwise, I will try to figure out how to put the names received by midnight Friday the 13th (Eastern time) on a ballot and people can vote away for their favorite. Of course, every one is a winner of appreciation for their sharing of knowledge, but we can single out someone for a little extra appreciation.

Leave the voting open for a week and declare a winner. [or spend months in court fighting over recounts, depending on where you live…]

Please do not include my name on the list of nominees. Most of what I post is BS and not deserving of any recognition.

EVERYONE on the Forum contributes. I have learned from the one-time poster and from the old pros, equally.

JMHO

Ray

Ray - sorry my friend, the Arizona heat must be getting to you. Your statement regarding the value of your postings is BS, not the postings you have made. You have posted some great information.

I share your thoughts about how many people have contributed importantly to this Forum, though. It is humbling, in the extreme, to see the wealth of information, whether general or specialized, that is held by so many of the gang that adds to our knowledge here with their contributions. I personally find that especially true for the technical information. Some of it is incredible, especially to someone like me that can identify a few headstamps and knows the history of a lot of the ammunition, but is technologically “uninformed” (is that s suitable synonym for “moron?”).

There are so many helpful people, some have huge followings some are very specialized, how about anyone can nominate one person and then put all the choices in a hat and draw one out. Let Karma decide, not because it would offend some one, but there is a whole spectrum of knowledge and interest and it is not right to pick one area over another. Vic

Nominations closed. Poll posted at the TOP of the page in the “sticky” area.

Had to break the names into two lists.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ONCE- even though the mechanics of the poll program will allow you to vote once on EACH LIST.

Polls close at midnight EST 23 Feb.

BTT

VOTE!