Bombrini Parodi Delfino (BPD) advertisement

An advertising poster for BPD, presumably from the 1930’s;

If anyone wants a higher resolution scan just drop me a note.

Happy collecting,

Peter

Edited once; Forgot something

Nice!!! I assume they were based in Rome.

Colleferro, just South of Rome.

companytown.storia.unipd.it/inde … 7663979160

They also had an address at via del Corso, 267 in Rome itself

At some point they seem to have diversified slightly;

Peter

Well, having now qualified in age to be become a “dirty old man,” I like the second add much better than the first. Cartridges are great, but …!

Bombrini Parodi-Delfino is hyphenated in the advertisement. Does it mean that the company is established by 2 people, Bombrini and Parodi-Delfino?

Parodi and Delfino are Both Names of Families of Genovese origin, infact “Parodi” is so common in Genova and Liguria Region, it is the classical name for a Genovese in Jokes about the People and region.
Delfino derives from the two words, Del (of) Fino ( fine,as in Thin, acute,(in money or thinking) or “The end”); Delfino also means “Dolfin” ( Sea Mammal) and also “Heir” or Successor as in the French, “Dauphin”); Genova, being a Maritime Republic in the Middle ages and Renaissance, would have the Mediterranean Dolfin as a symbol of sea connection and as a family crest.

Bombrini can be a Family name, but also mean “Small Bombs” of the shattering kind.

I don’t know if there was any interfamily connection between Parodi and Delfino to justify the Hyphenation…it may just signify the Association in the company.

The Stockings are made of a form of Rayon, made from Cellulose Nitrate ( non explosive type), made just before the war soon after DuPont patented the process.

Doc AV

Vlad and DocAV, the company name is derived from the names of the two people who established it: Giovanni Bombrini and Leopoldo Parodi Delfino (mother and father last names).

Muchas gracias,
Fede.

Saludos,
Doc AV

BPD is made up of several subfactories mainly involved in chemistry. Not only explosives but also soaps, fertilizers and some kind of concrete. Some subfactories were actually textile factories…