Booby-Trapped Ammo Article

FYI-
I haven’t read this through yet, so I’ll post it without comment for now. Should at least be an interesting read.

atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/ … ide-a-gun/

They state that the Ukrainian 7.62x39 do match the common head stamps and are sowith well suited for the described purposes.
Again somebody who wrote more than he actually knows.

Of course the article itself could be considered a propaganda tool. Given that it can be read by almost anybody anywhere these days. no boundaries to the internet. If these practices are current where is the sense in revealing your hand? Unless its to cause your enemy to set aside large amounts of ammo of dubious provenance simply from the fear it might be spiked

I just wonder about the state of the surplus market twenty years hence.

[quote=“EOD”]They state that the Ukrainian 7.62x39 do match the common head stamps and are sowith well suited for the described purposes.
Again somebody who wrote more than he actually knows.[/quote]

I think Chris’ implication here is that the LCW headstamped ammunition would be considered ‘safe’ by the rebel forces if it had come from an outside source, so would be an ideal candidate to booby trap. I don’t think he is implying the LCW headstamp is ‘common’, only that they constitute a number of rounds in the rebel inventory.

Maybe it sounded just cranky to me non native English speaker.