Box label in French

I have had an inquiry about a 7.9 Mauser round that was found in a box that I do not believe has anything to do with the cartridge.

The box labels says:

81m/m F.A Mle 1924-1927
10 Cartouches
(illegible) Bal. 11-32-SL
38-C.F.-35
30 AVR 1935. (The “AVR” is badly stamped and may be something else).

Because this box could not possibly fit any 81mm cartridge, is it possible this designation is for mortar igniters, or some other form of igniter cartridge.
The cartridge found in the box is a German steel-cased S.m.E. with steel primer and blue seal, and with the three normal primer crimps, even though the headstamp, with is nothing more than the nueral “3” would indicate and experimental load. I think the features of the cartridge are way too late for any date on the box label.

Can our French and German friends do anything with this label/cartridge combination. Again, I don’t think the box actually pertains to this cartridge, but I just don’t know for sure. If it does, the “81m/m” must mean “8.1m/m” even though it does not say that.

SHOTSHELL FOR 81 MM MORTAR
JP

J-P: Thanks. My instincts were right about it being a mortar igniter. I wouldn’t have known that without the stuff I have learned on this Forum from everyone.

WELCOME

A NEW GAME FOR YOU IN MY TOPIC : ARAB WRITTING

JP

Dear John,

the translation of your French label goes for a box of 81 mm propulsive (shotshell type) cartridges. The 7,92 mm has just nothing to see with it!!!

The label reads:

81 mm F.A. Mle 1924-27 = 81 mm Fonte aci

J-P and Phil,

Thank you for your answers. It turned out that the letter requesting information never actually claimed that the box was with the cartridge. Being basically a moron, I jumped to that conclusion because the very rare cartridge (headstamp only a “3” type S.m.E. steel-cased 7.9 x 57 round) that I was queried about was photographed sitting on top of that box.

I am glad for the information though. I have learned something about the French rounds that I did not know at all! I guessed from the caliber that they were Mortar propulsive rounds, and I had a hunch that “C.F.” was Cartoucherie Fran