Box of fuzes

Hello
I have seen boxes and I would like to have information on these, content, value,
Common or not?
Thank you for your answers.
__00001_BOITE-DE-FUSE-US-DE-1862 __00002_BOITE-DE-FUSE-US-DE-1862

These usually seem to go around $75 - $80 at auction.

Frankford Arsenal fuse packets from the U.S. Civil War are fairly common, probably due to Francis Bannerman who bought and sold huge quantities of military surplus in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.

Hello
Thanks for these informations.

These fuzes were for the shell / projectile, not to fire the cannon, just in case there might be any confusion.

Speaking from experience…

Any more they are not at all common (Rich B is on the mark as to price) & dates (that I’m aware of) can be found from 1862 to 1864 with times (again that I’m aware of) of: 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 8, 5, and 4 seconds

This week the American Society of Arms Collectors had one of their semi-annual meetings and show in Saratoga Springs, NY. (invitation only) Most of the show is exhibit only. Some extraordinary museum quality exhibits. but the buy/sell/trade area had a lot of cartridges and boxes and packages of collectible ammo. A very nice collection of about 20+ packages of shell fuses in a wood and glass display case was for sale for $950. All of the packs of fuses were in beautiful condition. All different. I thought seriously about buying them. I don’t need another vice.