Box of Houllier - Blanchard cartouches "A Longue Porte'e"

Although I have been fortunate to find a few nice examples, pin fire ammo is not my specialty. Any information about this box of 12mm would be appreciated. Vintage, rarity, any interesting historical facts.

Thank you,
Greg

This is what municion.org says about this headstamp: Houllier-Blanchard, armeros de Paris. Vainas fabricadas por Gévélot o Gaupillat.

Greg,
I have a similar box. Check the length of the cases. If they are 22mm, then they are the desireable 12mm carbine cartridge.

[quote=“GuyHildebrand”]Greg,
I have a similar box. Check the length of the cases. If they are 22mm, then they are the desireable 12mm carbine cartridge.[/quote]

Thank you for the tip Guy,

This morning I checked the cases and they are .22mm long. Thus it’s a box of 12mm carbine ammo. Was this for a revolving carbine or a single shot rifle?

Any thoughts on vintage and value?

Greg,
I know nothing about the carbine, nor can I help with the vintage of the box of cartridges. However, I would assume the carbine had a revolving cylinder. As I understand, any 12mm pinfire with a case longer than 19mm is considered to be a carbine round. Buttweiler sold several 12mm carbine cartridges over the years, ranging from 22mm to 29mm. None had the HB headstamp.