Brenneke 8x57 JRS

Here is a modern headstamp on hunting round 8x57 with headstamp of Brenneke GmbH, Langenhagen, Germany
Is it possible to identify what company made this round or case for Brenneke?

I was told that after DWM ceased business in 1972, Brenneke went to Sellier & Bellot for production of Brenneke cases and they loaded them with TIG and TUG bullets supplied by Brenneke. S&B were supposed to have produced about 10 different case types (including 8x57JRS) and this continued after 2000. I suspect that yours is one of these.

Pse note that modern listing of Brenneke ammunition matches that from RUAG which has the “T” hs. I suspect that some time since 2000, Brenneke production was moved to RUAG but I cannot absolutely confirm this or what headstamp was used.

Thank you very much!

[quote=“WBD”]I was told that after DWM ceased business in 1972, Brenneke went to Sellier & Bellot for production of Brenneke cases and they loaded them with TIG and TUG bullets supplied by Brenneke. S&B were supposed to have produced about 10 different case types (including 8x57JRS) and this continued after 2000. I suspect that yours is one of these.

Pse note that modern listing of Brenneke ammunition matches that from RUAG which has the “T” hs. I suspect that some time since 2000, Brenneke production was moved to RUAG but I cannot absolutely confirm this or what headstamp was used.[/quote]

Brenneke bullets and the respective ammo was produced until the end of DN (sale to RUAG) by DN with Brenneke-Headstamps.After that, a war about the rights on TIG and TUG starts between RUAG and Brenneke, about royalties, as RUAG claimed, the protection rights on this bullets where long ago gone and everybody could produce now this type of bullet (which is not completely true, as DN got their knowledge trough the production FOR Brenneke,and insofar had re-ingeneered them). Anyway, RUAG had to change their Brenneke type bullet line to an other name (look on their webpage) and call them just differently as ID classic a.s.o. At moment there is still a fight about the exterior look of the bullets and Brenneke claims, they violating at least their visibility appearance of the bullets -which is still protected) as equal to their own… DB/Ruag claims, they cannot change that without dramatic costs increase…will see what happens next…

After that fight, Brenneke had contracted to several firms to get their proper headstamped cases and load them at their own. Now they claim, to produce everything by them self…I have to ask some people there and will post it, as soon I get an answer…

Thank you very much for this important comment