British police evidence "cartridge board" from investigation

This is a photo from a recent British news article about a family who were jailed for supplying illegally manufactured ammunition and guns to criminals. I assume this was used as evidence during the trial.

Unfortunately I can’t find an image with clearer text.

There are some other photos at the link.

Here is the article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5536895/Family-jailed-illegal-ammunition-supply-ring-linked-20-crimes.html

Hi Falcon,

Interesting display, thanks for sharing.

Here is a better image:

Regards,

Fede

Thanks for the photo Fede.

To add a bit of background to some of the more obscure calibres shown. Here in the UK we have a list of “obsolete calibre” firearms which can be owned without license. This is on the condition that they are not to be fired and owned as collector pieces only. This law does not apply to ammunition in these calibres. In the last few years, criminal operations like the one in the news article have been set up to load these calibres for illegal use. The 11mm Mle. 1873 and .44 S&W Russian are common examples.

This list does not include calibres which are still widely made today, such as the .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, .380 ACP or 7.62x39 shown.

Falcon, your last post is very misleading. Only ONE of the calibres shown on the Police board is a Home Office approved obsolete calibre. Firearms in all the other calibres shown, regardless of being an antique or not, are always subject to UK licensing (either Section 1, 5 or 7).
Such misinformation is often cited by the media and anti-gun lobbies around the world.

Reading it back, I agree that it is badly written. I have edited the post.

I noticed that the article showed a couple of French 11mm Mle 1873 revolvers. Apparently these have been found in criminal hands in the UK recently. This is on the obsolete calibre list.

I did wonder if that was what the “.44 Russian thinned rim” was actually made for. The case looks about the right length.

The case labeled as .44-40 Starline also looks to have been modified to fit in a .44 S&W Russian chamber.