British supply of rifles and ammo to the Russian Army, pt. 3

This seems to be the source of the Vetterli single-shot rifles and ammo that came to the SCW.

The Bardalone Company was the early denomination of the Società Metallurgica Italiana (SMI).

Are pre-SMI headstamps known?

Did the Brass Metal Manufacturing Co. finally manufactured the Vetterli ammo?

See my other reply to a Russian Contract Posting…re Vetterli ammo. The Brass Co. in USA (was,?a Remington subsidiary?) supplied large quantities of Components(Cases, primers and Projectiles) to either the italians or the Russians direct, to be assembled in loco. There is also some suggestion that as this compnents order was done thru the “Angliski zakaz” (British contract) system, the assembly may have been done in England, for onshipment to Russia. All this is still conjecture.
Some of the deliveries to Italy were for its own consumption, as well as for the Russian order of Bardalone (now SMI).

Very intertesting these official documents from the archives.

Regards,
Doc AV
AV ballistics.

PS, maybe these Russian Contract Postings should be united into one “Sticky” so that all can refer easily to them.

[quote=“DocAV”]
PS, maybe these Russian Contract Postings should be united into one “Sticky” so that all can refer easily to them.[/quote]

I thought of that, but finally decided to part the document into “excerpts” in order to not to make it very long, and also as a way of making my questions on each particular topic.

In my first post I put the link to the National Archives where the complete document can be downloaded if you are interested (I guess you are).

Schneider.