So i have been digging into what 20 mm Hispano shells (20x110) the British used during WWII. Since i do not live in the UK i have only relied on internet sources and it quickly became clear that the internet was as clueless as i am. I have been able to find some “official” lists of shells in manuals etc but none of these lists designations and data.
Here are some examples.
From Hispano Mk.II manual (Air publicaion 1641F)
From Handbook of 20 mm small arm ammunition
So what i can find are:
SAP-I (SAPI Mk.3z?)
Anyway as i do not want to vacuum-clean the internet for info i thought i would start a thread here as this community deals with this kind of stuff actively.
So to start somewhere, here are some basic questions i have:
- What exact shells did Britain use during WWII?
- Did the British use the French HE-T shell?
- What are the designations for the British shells?
- What’s the performance and data of the British shells? (weight, filler, etc)
- What experimental shells did Britain dabble with during WWII?
- What specific manuals most likely contain good information?