Brugger & Thomet 9x19mm

The box art and construction, and the green primer seal, look very “Fiocchi, Italy” to me. What the headstamp is, can’t tell. Picture too small.

John - muy amigo - (and others) - there is no need to create a new thread in order to answer a question posed earlier or to add a comment thereto.

At the top and bottom of every page in a thread (I doubt we will see many on this site exceed one page, much less two!), there are two boxed links: “new topic” and “post reply.” To add to an existing topic, all you need do is to click on the “new reply” link and it will bring up a new window, into which you can put whatever you wish to add - text, photos, links to other sites - virtually anything.

OK, so perhaps in this case you selected the wrong button? No biggie! Of course, in the nearly eight years I’ve been doing forums, I’ve NEVER done such a thing . . . believe that, and I have an ocean front condo in Omaha I’ll sell ya real cheap, too . . . . With both a new topic and a new reply, the very first open field is the “Subject” . . . . For the purposes here, [u]IGNORE[/u] it! Put whatever you want in the “Message body,” preview it if you wish (always a good idea) and hit “Submit.”

If you selected “new topic” in error, you will be prompted to enter a subject heading. Oops . . . I meant that to be a reply, not a “new topic.” What to do? Simple.

Hit the “Back” icon / command in the tool bar of your browser, which brings you back to the point before you submitted. Put the cursor in the message window, hold down the “Control” button on your keyboard and hit the “A” key. Everything in the message body window will be selected (Ctrl+A = “select all”). Next, still holding the Control key down, hit either the “C” key (Ctrl+C = “copy”) or the “X” key (Ctrl+X = “cut”). Now you have your entire reply in memory (a.k.a., “the clipboard”).

Now hit your “Back” icon / command in the tool bar of your browser again, which should bring you back to the point where the error occurred. Choose the “post reply” button this time. Put your cursor in the “Message Body” field, hold the Control key down and hit the “V” key (Ctrl+V = “insert”). Voila, Shazaam, you have what you wanted to say in the message body window and need only hit “Submit.” Easier than falling off a log - even a NH Neanderthal (such as myself!) can handle it.

Works the other way as well, i.e., if you make a reply when you really meant to start a new thread. But rarely does one intend to do this, unless they wish to avoid hi-jacking a thread with an entirely new train of discussion.

If you get in the habit of not putting anything in the “Subject” field unless you [b]really[/b] feel there is a need (perhaps 1% of the time if one is not creating a new topic), the system will not allow you to create a new thread when your intention is to reply. This works real well for me when I have too much early morning blood in my caffeine system and fly on auto pilot.

Not that this is all that big a deal, but it does have the virtue of keeping things in a nice neat package.

I’m going to lock this thread, C&P the answer you posted over to the original thread and leave this in place as an example of how to fix things in the edit process. I’ll also add the gist of it to the Edit FAQ on the Practice Forum. This is most definitely not intended as a way to needle you or anyone else. In fact, I am truly grateful you did this (if you had not, someone else would have!). The disadvantage the staff have is that we are so familiar with most of the workings of this software we don’t remember what is was like to be a novice and don’t think of the various challenges we faced, just as you have, in settling in. Now I can improve the FAQ for everyone. Judging by the PMs / eMail and fires which are being put out behind the scenes, many people need help adjusting to the mechanics of the new software, which is to be expected and the reason all the staff (all two of us!) are spending so much time here this week . . . we want to make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone. It’s YOUR site, people, and we are here to make you feel at home. In a month, you’ll be wondering why we even put up a Practice Forum and a whole bunch of FAQs . . . so will we!