Bulgarian RKG-3

Does anyone have any information about the Bulgarian grenades RKG-3?

RKG-3_hand_grenade

Hi, what do you need to know?
PS: I write from BG

Here is some general information on RKG-3 grenades:

And here is a video of the grenade being used (video via Google search):

I hope this may answer some questions?

Regards,
Dave

Hi, you are from Bulgaria?!.. very good!!)

Foreign versions of the RKG-3 were known to me from Germany (code 06), China (code 34), Yugoslavia BRK-M79 (code SRB (СРБ) and the unknown country (code 62).

and recently I saw a photo of the RKG-3 with instruction in the Bulgarian language on the body of a grenade.

The manufacturer of the Bulgarian version has code 63.
This is written in the book "Bulgarian and German hand grenades."
However, in the same book it is indicated that these are grenades of Soviet manufacture of plant No. 63 with instruction in the Bulgarian language. I think that this is not so. This is mistake. And grenades are produced in Bulgaria. But at what plant? What do you think?

Perhaps you have additional information on the Bulgarian RKG-3, photos of the grenade and its markings, as well as reliable information on the manufacturer?

Hooke, as indicated before, #62 is Romanian.

I remember

The source of information? What plant? Examples of the same marking on other products?

No ID of the plant so far but it must be one of the very few we know already.
Possibly:
Carfil
Mija
Plopeni

ID went through a PG-7 IN (practice) which had other components (igniters, propellant) with lot numbers we know from Romania.

Hello,

63 is not a Bulgarian factory. The closest one was 61 MECHANICS & ASSEMBLY – Sevlievo. Could you post a picture of those markings?

Hooke, why are you excluding the USSR/Russia?
For #63 (Vysokogorsk Mechanical Factory of Nizhniy Tagil) ia have this product profile:
Projectile bodies including chemical types, fuze adapters for 85 mm dated 1981, 85 mm projs. dated 1954, parts of BKF cluster units dated 1984, KV-5-U priming screws dated 1966Metal parts: PG-7 dated 1966-1968, PG-7L dated 1983, PG-7 rocket motorsLoading of: 100 mm projectiles dated 1971-80, RKG-3 grenades, OG-7 dated 2000, PG-2 expelling charges dated 1955, PG-7 dated 1966-1968, PG-7 rocket engines dated 1970

I know this picture pretty well :-). I’ve not seen RKG-3 with proven BG factory markings so far. Given the fact that big amounts of these grenades were imported from the ex-SU, I suppose they have not been produced locally. Of course, nothing is impossible and something may pop up in the future.

Because plant 63 - mechanical plant, but not loading ammunition
Russian forensic books indicate two manufacturers of RKG-3 - plants 254 and 80.

And why not the GDR or Romania for example?
If we could see the marking of a wooden box?.. is this possible? ;)

Because the vast majority were purely Soviet - plant 254, with Russian instruction. No pictures of the wooden boxes unfortunately, but of the internal metal boxes - yes.

The GDR made ones were made by #06 Sprengstoffwerk Kapen.
The Romanian ones are presumably made by #62.

closed or open? can you make good color photo markings of such grenades?

and real or fake?

The green one looks like one with too much time and paint on his hands tried to make a “life looking one” out of an UPG-8 practice variant. Sad people…

The transcription of the TNT-RDX mixture suggests Bulgaria as hexogen is written with an Х, not a Г

Vince, well observed with the “X”.
I just think that Grenadier wóuld be the first to know about a BG manufacture of any RKG-3 variant.

Maybe it is a different country from the WAPA and maybe one which used latin script and did “re-transcript” from it’s own language?
Notice: transliteration from Russian Cyrillic into Latin script is not uniform and is different from Latin language to Latin language! A common missassumption when people do or try to interpret transliterations.

Some very good reference here:
https://sites.google.com/site/grenadebook/