Bullet ID's

Further to my recent posts ref 8mm lebel rounds, i have some other bullets that i would like to try and identify. All these were found in the River Thames also. Pictures and specifications follow:

Tracer? Diameter at base ~7.7mm, Length ~37mm, Weight ~128 grains

Diameter at base ~7.5mm, Length ~30mm, Weight ~201 grains

Diameter at base ~7.6mm, Length ~31mm, Weight ~178 grains

Diameter at base ~.303", Length ~32mm, Weight ~205 grains

Diameter at base ~7.6mm, Length ~27mm, Weight ~139 grains

I think the round nose types may be early .303 british, but I am unsure as to the actual Mk. as they all seem to have slightly different profiles. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers, James

Does anyone know anything about british AA shell fuses? I have an upper time ring from what appears to be a type 700 Mk II fuse that i have not come across previously. I have some pictures if they may help. Again any info would be good!

The hollow projectile is the body of a G MkII tracer; if there is no rifling, I would say it is an Unfilled cored jacket (ie, "work in progress).

The First, Round Nose is probably a 7,65 Belgian M1889; the second and third RN proj. are a .303 Mark VI; the reaon for the multi coloured corrosion is the cupro-nickel jacket. The weight differences are due to the state of corrosion
The Shorter, pointed and uncannelured proj. could possibly be an uncannelured 7,9mm German ā€œSā€ type (154grain?)(pre WW I) or the remains of a tracer with the rear end Burnt off ( without rifling this is unlikely); R^L did do a lot of experimentation with 150grain .303 projectiles, but thisw as experimentation ony. BUT The other solution here is that it is a Belgian 7,65 projectile. (post WW I)

Interesting what one finds at low tide, in the mud.

regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics