Bunch of .40S&W headstamps

I received today a batch of 500 .40S&W from Fedarm which were all reloaded brass. The projectiles were Fedarm’s 105gr jacketed lead-free alloy (looks just like typical truncated copper-jacketed), although what I had ordered was supposed to be the monolithic solid alloy lead-free (S.A.L.F.) listed here: http://www.fedarm.com/product/40-sw-105-grain-salf-solid-alloy-lead-free-rnfp-round-nose-flat-point/ So somehow they messed that up, or else don’t consider that distinction to be relevant (I do).
These are similar to the 9mm from Fedarm which I have previously described here, and which also come with a withering array of headstamps since the range they collect from (Knesek Guns?) gets a lot of police or military use somehow.

There were 35 variations with a few dated brass, and some of the differences within the Federal, Win, and R-P were very subtle:

I received 1000rds of Fedarm lead-free monolithic “S.A.L.F.” .40S&W ammo today and went through some headstamps. The brass is all once-fired (or multiple fired), and has brass dating back 20 years in some cases. I found 25 substandard cartridges, which mostly consisted of rds which had the bullet seated in such a way that material from the bullet was bulging around the case mouth from being scraped somehow. There were a couple case-neck cracks, a dented case, and 2 projectiles were seated too low (one was very low). Granted this lot was labeled as “factory seconds”, and having only 25 visually-flawed rds seems good for this sort of thing. Fedarm doesn’t seem to make much of the unjacketed “SALF” ammo, and are mostly producing the jacketed version, which is what I had described earlier in the year in the above post. There were 46 unique variations in this lot, shown below. The elusive PA-RH is always fun to find - just one of those in this lot. Also some tiny differences in Federal & Winchester headstamps, shown in the close-ups below:

Here are the flaw rds: