Buying/Selling collectible cartridges

I have 9mm (three) and 7.62x39mm (two) possibly collectible cartridges that I would like to sell, but I can’t post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. How do I get access to that, and is it legal for me to sell individual cartridges on a forum like this? These cartridges were given to me by a collector many years ago, and I don’t know what to do with them.

FarSideMan

FarSideMan–You MUST be a member of the IAA to use the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum. If you are are member, go to that forum and read the sticky at the beginning for instructions on how to join that Forum. To join the IAA, click on the link above. We do not allow B/S/T items on the main Forum.

While you are not allowed to post B/S/T items here, you could post more details of what you have, such as headstamp, bullet type, case material and and ask what they are worth. Unless they are an uncommon headstamp or load type, most likely they have little value.

Thank you for the information. I guess I really just wanted to know if they were worth anything before I disposed of them.

9mm KTW with rounded point green Teflon coated bullet, brass case, headstamp “KTW 9mm Luger”

9mm Dynamit Nobel A-G Germany, 1978, headstamp “DAG 1978”, dark or black plastic bullet crimped on the nose, I think it’s a blank cartridge

9mm Giulo Fiocchi, Lecho Italy, headstamp “G.F.L. 9m38 67”, brass case with brass encased bullet crimped at the nose with red paint on the tip. This may be a blank, but I don’t know.

7.62x39 Chinese Factory 71, headstamp “71 67”, light blue painted tip on copper jacketed bullet, varnish-coated case and primer

7.62x39 Chinese Factory 21, headstamp “21 64”, olive drab colored case and bullet coated with varnish, copper primer showing through around olive paint. An old friend of mine who was a sniper in Viet Nam found this in the jungle in 1964 and gave it to me.

I appreciate any assistance as to the likely value of these items.

I think a second look at your DAG 9mm blank with black plastic bullet will show the date to be “78” (or possibly even “73”, but certainly with two digits only, and not “1978” with four digits. If it does have four digits in the date, it is a very scarce headstamp variant. I have never seen that headstamp on one of these blanks, and I have a couple of dozen or more of them in my own collection.

If I am correct about the above, all of your three 9mms are common, and have negligible value. The KTW would probably bring the highest price of the three, but I don’t deal in prices, so I have no clue. I will tell you that the KTW Ammunition is illegal in many states. In my own state, California, mere possession is a felony crime.

I am not qualified to touch on the subject of your other cartridges.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]I think a second look at your DAG 9mm blank with black plastic bullet will show the date to be “78” (or possibly even “73”, but certainly with two digits only, and not “1978” with four digits. If it does have four digits in the date, it is a very scarce headstamp variant. I have never seen that headstamp on one of these blanks, and I have a couple of dozen or more of them in my own collection.

If I am correct about the above, all of your three 9mms are common, and have negligible value. The KTW would probably bring the highest price of the three, but I don’t deal in prices, so I have no clue. I will tell you that the KTW Ammunition is illegal in many states. In my own state, California, mere possession is a felony crime.

I am not qualified to touch on the subject of your other cartridges.[/quote]
Thank you. The cartridge that you suggested I look at again is indeed headstamped “DAG 78.” As for the KTW round, I would like to dispose of it, but don’t want to break any law. I also don’t want to fire it, because it may be too old to fire. I guess I could soak it in WD-40 for a week or so, then toss it into the garbage.

Huhwaahh? Just list it on Gunbroker or Auctionarms… KTW cartridges are legal to possess, buy, sell, and shoot in all states except the pistol-AP prohibitive states of: CA, IL, TX, NJ, KY, RI, FL, and Wash D.C.; or the Teflon-coated-prohibitive states of: AL, HI, IN, KS, NC, SC and OK. So if you don’t live in any of those states, then you can legally sell it via online or whatever to anyone else who does not live in those states. Not that anyone’s keeping track, cause nobody is… The federal ban as of August 28th, 1986 is only against further importation or manufacture and does not affect resale of preexisting cartridges, all of which KTW are. Your 9mm KTW is worth $15 to $30 probably.