C. Fusnot rimfires

I am trying to determine the different calibres of rimfires that C. Fusnot made. These are brass case usually with a dished base. The rounds I want information on have a raised headstamp around the outer part of the bottom of the rim. It will say either C. Fusnot Breuvelle or just Fusnot Breuvelle. I currently know of three calibres that they made, but would like to hear from anyone who has any specimen. A photo with dimensions, on the forum, would be appreciated. This is for research only. Any pictures of boxes would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Will.

hello!
are you sure it is not Fusnot Bruxelles ?
jp

Hi J.P.
You are indeed right. I was trying to remember the spelling off the top of my head. I should have gone and checked.

Do you have a catologue from them? I have not seen one. Thus my search.

Cheers,
Will.

[quote=“powdertin”]Hi J.P.
You are indeed right. I was trying to remember the spelling off the top of my head. I should have gone and checked.

Do you have a catologue from them? I have not seen one. Thus my search.

Cheers,
Will.[/quote]

Hello Will
I have no catalogue from Fusnot unfortunately

Are you sure the specimen you have are Rim Fire and not center fire ??
JP

Both specimens that I have are rimfires, and the third calibre that I know of is also rimfire. I have 5 different calibre rimfires that are atributed to Fusnot. I can’t prove this and am suspect of the identification. The identification was not made by myself. These ones are definately rimfires also. They all have brass cases and dished bases.

W.

[quote=“powdertin”]Both specimens that I have are rimfires, and the third calibre that I know of is also rimfire. I have 5 different calibre rimfires that are atributed to Fusnot. I can’t prove this and am suspect of the identification. The identification was not made by myself. These ones are definately rimfires also. They all have brass cases and dished bases.

W.[/quote]

Hello Will,

have you a picture of the hstp (just to see what you call “hstp around the outer part of the bottom of the rim” and "dished base) ?

I thought when the hstp was close to the rim it was a CF.

Have you in your collection other RF ctges with the hstp close to the rim ?

Regarding Fusnot doumentation the only thing I found is a very bad picture of an advertising dated 1878.
It shows pin fire and center fire cctges for revolvers, rifle aso, but no rim fire ctge
jp

I will try to get some photo’s up tomorrow or the following day. I will try to get photo’s of both specimens and their headstamps as well as measurements. Also, the unheadstamped rounds too. This will get done when it’s too hot to work outside…

I have never seen another rimfire with a raised headstamp at the outer edge of the bottom of the rim.

Will

Hi Will
My number 11844 I have logged in as the 11mm Saxonian Rev. & it is the only one with the raised “C. FUSNOT BRUXELLS” raised headstamp.

Measurements in mm
12.90 R, 11.48 H, 11.27 M (below crimp), 16.66 CL, 11.04 B & 29.78 OAL

The other three shown also have a brass case and the same sort of shape to the head with a very wide flat-based dish in the center. And others also attribute them to Fusnot as the maker

#13697a 11x16 R R.F. Rev.
12.95 R, 11.37 H, 11,41 M (BC), 15.87 CL, 10.94 B & 26.82 OAL

#13314 a .380 x 1 inch Carbine R.F. (out of a Fusnot labeled box)
11.07 R, 9.55 H, 9.47 M (BC), 23.36 CL, 9.30 B & 33.79 OAL

#12625 a .442 Carbine R.F.
12.97 R, 11.51 H, 11.53 M (BC), 25.31 CL, 11.15 B & 38.23 OAL

Hope this is of help.

Sorry no catalog in my stuff.

Keep your powder dry
Pete

very interesting !!

I never seen this kind of ctge.
Have you a picture of the box?

And an X ray ?

Thanks
jp

Hi J-P
Sorry no x-ray & no box Xerox, as didn’t have a chance to Xerox it.