CA ammo law

All the below copied from an e-mail sent to me.

Looks like after 7-2015, only the Feds will be able to sell weapons to the gangbangers?

California Senate Passes Bill Requiring Permit to Buy Ammo

Once again, Sacramento proves that to go really over-the-top, you’ve got to go to Democrat California : The California Senate this week approved a collection of bills, including one (SB 53) that would require background checks, permits, and fees for the purchase of ammunition. All ammunition sales would have to be face-to-face, happening only in the presence of a store clerk; and vendors selling the bullets would have to submit sales records to the California Department of Justice. Those vendors also would need a permit to sell ammunition. Kira Davis notes that SB 53 also " requires background checks and a $50 ammo purchase fee."

It wasn’t that long ago that I saw Dick Durbin on one of the Sunday shows, with the stuff-eating grin on his face, joked about taxing bullets until they cost a hundred or a thousand dollars apiece.

So if you think something like this can happen only in California - think again.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB53

Pete is right - this can happen in other states also - enclaves of Democrat Progressive Extremism like Mass., Hawaii, Conn., NJ., NY., Washington, and so on.

Laws that passed the legislature in California contain provisions that amount to prohibition through taxation - reminder: I little think like the American Revolustion was fought largely over that - Boston Tea Party, anyone? - and Ex Post Facto laws, also consitutionally illegal. Remember though, that in the Brave New World of the Democratic Party, the Constitution is considered an obsolute, meaningless scrap of paper, and with the current Attorney General of the US, no Left-wing extremists have to worry about getting any trouble over violating the Constitution or Supreme Court Decisions on it, unless someone gores their ox with some law they don’t like. Freedom of Speech applies only to “liberal speech” these days, as a good example. Remember, liberal progressives despise Traditional America, and Americans who believe in the what the founding fathers tried to establish in North America. Liberals do not think like Americans, and the hate the “conservative thought.” They are simply foreigners, whether born here or abroad, taking up room on American soil.

Yes, go ahead and delete this if you want. Throw me off the Forum if you want. The simple fact is, sitting on the fence doesn’t cut it anymore - silence is NOT Golden. In some instances, it is just short of treason.

Just give your own opinion some deep thought next time you pay your Income Tax bill and realize where the money is going, and what kind of people are spending your money, IRS and Congress in particular. Or, if you don’t agree, enjoy it when California law comes to your states and that new 50 cent cartridge you want for your collection requires a license to buy and costs 50 dollars. (After all, we all know that we are undet-taxed. All the IRS employees can"t afford Rolls-Royce autombiles paid for with your money yet. Only the Congressmen can.

Opinions on laws & politics as it relates to ammo and how it all affects the cartridge collecting hobby are fine as long as the general rules of the forum are followed, (name-calling, bully-speak, drawn-out soap-boxing etc…).

The ability to collect, purchase, and trade cartridges in California certainly seems to be getting worse before it gets better. It goes without saying that a zero percent drop (if not an increase) in gun-related crime as a result of this law is almost certainly guaranteed. I understand that a certain degree of serious gun crime in southern California was committed with the guns given to Mexican drug cartels via the Fast & Furious program from the government. Trusting the elected government’s judgement on gun / ammo legislation is becoming a bit of a joke.

Since everyone must know the criminals will already have worked out fifty ways to by-pass this legislation who is this aimed at?

Every 17 year old knows how to get booze, that’s the example I always quote when these matters come up. Nobody has yet denied it because everyone was 17 once and everyone obtained booze. Ammo is no different, it will just make criminals out of law abiding citizens,

The parallels between prohibition and gun/ammo control are obvious, everybody broke prohibition. It can never work, why make a law with a back door in it ?