California: Long Beach Crafting Ammo Registration Ordinance!

From NRA-ILA-
Thursday, October 11, 2007

The City of Long Beach is in the preliminary stages of crafting an ordinance requiring ammunition sales to be logged by all Federal Firearm Licensees (FFL

I have not lived in California for about 15 years now, but I recall being able to buy ammunition at stores that did not involve FFLs. Stores like K-mart, Target, etc… Does this proposed ordnance apply to ALL ammunition sales or just those made by FFL holders? Private sales do not seem to be affected by this? Seems like they are unfairly targeting just FFLs…

AKMS

California probably already bans private sales of ammo, although it may not be enforced for collector sales. Everything remotely related to firearms is subject to all sorts of silly laws, regulations, licenses, permits, etc that seem to change monthly and even the cops cannot figure out what is, or is not, legal.
Anyone with any sort of California connection should contact the folks at the link provided and urge them to defeat this worthless feel good scheme. Only an idiot, or a politician (but I repeat myself) would think that this nonsense will have any real effect on crime.