Can any one identify these 7.92mm?

Hi guys,

These inert/dummy 7.92mm rounds arrived yesterday and I was wondering if anyone can identify or confirm them.

The first has no headstamp, but i have attached a scan (sorry for quality) of the case note the angle & depth of the extractor grouve, i’m hoping this might help with the identification.

The next two I believe are 2 copies of the same cases headstamp P 64 7.9 could these be by Polte? if so I was not aware of the 7.9 reference in the headstamp.

Finally headstamp S 09 (or 60) 7.9. Would this be a Spandau case?

Not sure on the no H/S, but the P and S are Spanish (Palencia and Seville).

Jonnyc,

Many thanks, do you know if the 64 related to year, or some other code?

The “64” is the date the case was made. It can also be the date the ammunition was loaded, but that is not necessarily so. For example, if the case was made in late 1964, they could have actually been loaded at the same factory in early 1995. In some instances, cases have been loaded not days or weeks, but actually years after the cases were made.

John Moss

Many thanks!

[quote=“JohnMoss”]The “64” is the date the case was made. It can also be the date the ammunition was loaded, but that is not necessarily so. For example, if the case was made in late 1964, they could have actually been loaded at the same factory in early 1995. In some instances, cases have been loaded not days or weeks, but actually years after the cases were made.

John Moss[/quote]
Agree with you but it is even more confusing: I saw “next year” dated case production running in October of “previous year”. Don’t remember if it was inside FN or Thun.

Hans

[quote=“Hans”]

Agree with you but it is even more confusing: I saw “next year” dated case production running in October of “previous year”. Don’t remember if it was inside FN or Thun.

Hans[/quote]

Have seen this on S&B cases.