Can anyone I.D. this part

Hello, I work for Dixon Valve and I’m working on a company museum. We made artillery shell fuses and plugs during WW2. We have this part, which I was told was part of the artillery shell. I have not seen this part anywhere in photos. Can anyone help I.D. it? It’s made of brass and hollow inside.!IMG_0081

Could we see a few more pictures of it?

Here are a few more images of it. Tips are soldered on.IMG_0089

IMG_0090

IMG_0091

This is from our order list that the Army bought. Not sure if this helps.

Here is one example of a fuze plug. The projectile shown below is armor piercing (AP) with a small cavity in the base of the projectile filled with explosives and a fuze plug is then inserted to hold a smaller diameter base fuze. If a similar type projectile is used for target practice but does not contain the explosive material then a solid (no fuze hole) fuze plug was used in the base of the projectile. This example is from a U.S. Navy manual from WW2.

Base%20plug%2C%20a

Base%20plug%2C%20b

Larger caliber common use projectiles that contained a large amount of explosives could have a nose fuze or a base fuze. If a nose fuze was used then the base fuze well was closed off with a solid fuze plug screwed into the base of the projectile.

As far as the brass piece you show it could very well be an internal part of a fuze. Possibly a special purpose fuze, such as a barometric pressure fuze or a flare fuze, but the problem is there were many types of fuzes developed and used in WW2. So pinning this down as being an internal part of a fuze is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Brian

That’s more info than anyone has been able to give us. Thanks for helping out.