Can you help identify this bullet?

Hi everyone,
Recently whilst clearing the loft out, we found this bullet up there. We live in a terraced house in England and are super curious as to if it’s from any of the world wars or not? Can anyone help identify it for us? Thanks!

Looks like .303" British.

Yes, a .303 British is quite possible. How many rifling traces do you see on the bullet? When you see only two, there’s no doubt about weapon and bullet as England used a lot of Lee Enfield rifles made at Long Branch, Canada, during WWII. The barrels of these rifles have only two lands and were made in,.303 British.

The bullet was fired from a right hand twist barrel. Lee Enfields have left hand twist (at least my No. 4 has).

Having said that, the bullet diameter and length (both measured with a caliper) are the minimum data required. If possible, its weight. Everything else is crystal ball reading.

It looks like a .303" armour piercing to me. We really need an exact weight to be certain.

And my crystal ball says: 30-06, AP-M2 from Winchester.

Perhaps 1922. We need weight.

Looks to be CN-jacketed I think the Cal. .30 M-1906 AP-M2 was GMCS-jacketed.

@stiven
The Modell 1922 (made up to the mid 30thies) had a lead base filler…(drawing B-482 April 15,1922), and starting with the Mod.APM2 (Drawing B-138194 Aug.21, 1939, it got a gilding metal base filler.
It is similar to what you see, in the pic above…but it always has a small depression in the mid of the base filler from fabrication process…
I “killed” about 10000 of the ammo, to get the bullets out for STANAG Tests, and they certainly, are different from the bullet in question shown above.
The M1922 AP had 170grs, the APM2 due to the omitting of lead in the base and replacement with gilding metal, has only 165 to 168 grains, even it is a little bit longer (1.395) against 1.385 -.03" for the M1922 AP.
See here the mentioned depressions in the gilding metal base filler:

This depressions are consistent in all examined…

Here an other view with the depression marked (depressions have various sizes, but always centered):

I still go for a british/canadian bullet with a closure disc…
But @ Natdwh
to get a real identification, we need bulletweight from a good scale, and lenght and diameter of this bullet, which you found in England…

Thx

Then what is it?

There were similar lighters. But they are longer.

Both were used in aviation machine guns.

There were also similar bullets from Remington, but they also look longer.

Need weight!