Carcano ammo and charger

I am posting this because of the story which comes with it. I asked the seller about the price. He inspected this item and told in whisper that this ammo was very special, and highly illegal, that these special bullets were made of wood and that unlike a regular bullet which went through a soldier, this wooden bullet would enter soldier’s body and SPLINTER into a multitute of projectile totally eviscerating poor soldier. And the price after this story was $3. I had to buy it.

The seller had a head injury from these bullets?

3 Likes

Blanks can kill you if you not careful. :-) Worth the price, I have not seen a lot of them in my neck of the deep woods.

2 Likes

This particular cock and bull story pops up now and again. I have heard it before relating to German 7.9 mm rifle blanks.

1 Like

Hello
unfortunately, lies often raise prices.
Your cartridges are normal blanks, if you read here you will find more information on this model
http://www.munizioni.eu/italiane2/18-italiane/6-5-x-52-mannnlicher-carcano/tipi/70-salve.html

2 Likes

I have been hearing this same story since I was a kid, not long after WWII! Then it applied to Japanese cartridges with wood bullets. Amazing that it still pops up some 70 years later!

John Moss

1 Like

This story about wooden bulleted 7,9 apparently dates back to WWII G.I.s
A coworker showed me a German 7,9 Platzpatrone 33 his father brought home as a war souvenir. It came with the story that the wood “bullets” were poisoned. There was no ulterior motive in the description, simply “my dad brought this German poison bullet home from the war”.

1 Like

Standard 6 5 Carcano MG blanks,
(For reliable feeding). Could also be used in clips for Rifles.
Hollow softwood projectile, shatters on exiting Muzzle.
Splinter danger zone 5-6 metres.
Non-lethal unless fired almost contact.

Yes, there is a lot of Wood Bullet
BS out there.!!!

Doc AV

2 Likes