Carcano ammo question

What is the significance of a raised “dot” after “I” in SMI logo of the left headstamp? It is not present in the 2nd headstamp. I included the 3rd headstamp to show the same dot present in a different arsenal logo.

The dot in third case is because T.M. are inspector initials. On SMI, I think that is a stamp imperfection.
I suppose tat the two at left are 7.35 and the on at right a 6.5. Correct?

Don’t know, battery died in my digital calipers, cannot tell without measuring, but here is a scan, looks the same (left-to-right sequence is the same as in the photo above)

Vittorio, you are right. Here is an identical artifact sitting on top of “6”. Thanks.

The three bullets on your cartridges surprised me. I had expected true round nose for 6.5mm and a semi-round, semi-point for 7.35mm. Are these modern reloads, the three bullets look identical to each other?

gravelbelly

Sorry to contradict myself, but after looking at quite many SMI rounds, I conclude (amaturishly) that the “dot” to the right of “I” is not an artifact. It is an intentional mark. Compare the upper row with the “dot” to the lower - without the “dot”. I still don’t know what it means.

BTT

[quote=“sksvlad”]Sorry to contradict myself, but after looking at quite many SMI rounds, I conclude (amaturishly) that the “dot” to the right of “I” is not an artifact. It is an intentional mark. Compare the upper row with the “dot” to the lower - without the “dot”. I still don’t know what it means.
[/quote]

Hi
the three cartridges photographed of side are reloaded and not original
the three relative headstamps with good probability are to refer to three cartridges 7,35 (the 2 S.M.I have in fact flat primer while the B-39 has the curved primer as the 7,35 of that year) and not 6,5 Carcan
As it regards the point on the SMI. it is surely an error in I stamp it of the Headstamp
the only hadstamp WWII SMI with points is the 6,5 Carcano S.M.I 941 brass case & 6,5 Carcano S.M.I 942 steel case

Hi Giovanni