Carl Gustav 20x180 M/42 RR Live Round

Here’s a photo standing next to 7.62x51.

Primer mark—you can see that the basedisc is still on this round. Lettering is Amt or Amf—part of the last letter is off the collar

Rim stamp #1.

Rim stamp #2—a serial number?

Swedish crowned cannonball mark on the driving band.

The lettering on the projectile will not photograph well—depth of field problems—but it says: m/42C SKF4422 HO.
My limited research has indicated that most projectiles would be solid penetrators, but there are some API.
My question would be—is this projectile solid. or likely to light my cigarettes—all of them, all at once?
There may have been an orange band running around the base about two inches wide, starting at the rim—or this could be discoloration of the brass.
The round looks nice in my display case of random objects, so I hope it’s not dangerous. Any information is appreciated.
-----krinko

Krinko, this one here looks much like the regular AP-T.

Welcome to the forum.

The primer marking is “AmF” and stands for the Scandinavian words “Ammunitionsfabrik,” which is “Ammunition Factory” in English. The number “32” is the factory designator for the Marieberg Ammunition Factory, formerly using the letter “M” on headstamps and the like.

I don’t know who made or loaded the cartridge itself. This information probably only applies to the priming device.

John Moss

As long as the round is left intact, then the incendiary composition shouldn’t cause a problem. These things required the force of the projectile impacting after being fired to set them off.