Cartridge displays - is there enough interest out there?

Hi Everyone, I wanted to gauge peoples interest in buying cartridge displays to display their collections on walls where they can be seen and enjoyed. I’ve been putting a lot of work into making displays for my own collection, and a huge amount of time goes into designing the plaques and getting the display dimensions right. I would like to have all this work enjoyed by others as well as myself. I wanted to see if there is enough interest out there for me to build more to sell them?

Please let me know what your interest would be in the following:

1. Buying just the laser engraved plaque (say $10 each)
  2. Buying a completed display (I was thinking $75 for a display for one magnum set, $150 for 2, $225 for all three)
  3. Are there enough people that would want them with cartridges included to justify me buying full boxes of the cartridges? (I was thinking $150 for a complete display of one magnum set with cartridges)
  4. I am planning on making additional displays based on the following:
    -Specialty hunting: Apex, A-Square, Ballard, Barnes, Dakota Arms, E.A. Vom Hofe, Eley, Gibbs, Griffen & Hower, Hawk, H&H, Howdah Jurras, Howell, Purdey, Rigby, etc.
    -The Big Manufacturers: Colt, S&W, Winchester, Remington

Basically I’m trying to see if I should just continue to enjoy this as my own hobby or if these displays are worth enough to spend more time and effort to make additional ones for sale.

I appreciate any feedback!
Thanks,
Joel

1 Like

That’s really cool! They look great. If I had a man cave with plenty of wall space I’d be a for sure customer, however I’m currently in a small bungalow with a wife who probably wouldn’t appreciate them as much as I would.

What are the specifications for laser engraving?

What types of wood would you use?

I would not mind having a nice display rack to replace my Linotype drawers, but cash is scarce.
I think most people woulld be interested in generic racks to display the cartridges already in their collections.

Thanks for the feedback. I typically use walnut or mahogany finished with polyeurathane. For the writing I use a black lacquer coated gold anodized aluminum sheet that is made for laser engraving. The laser removes the black lacquer to leave behind gold letters.
Joel

2 Likes