Cartridge of the Year, I guess

Just sayin’.

Rick

And just exactly what was it that you were "Just sayin’.???

Slick

Great idea! But how do we decide? We don’t want it to be a 9mm Para, an APFSDS, a Sharps, a 450 Revolver, a wildcat, or an '06.

I say we vote.

Ray

If we are going to vote we need to put up our candidates. Guess everybody may post his favourite here and then after a deadline we can vote? And no matter who wins I bet the candidates will be great to see.

Any ideas?

I vote that Ron M. puts it all together for us. ;) ;) ;)

Gosh. And I was just bein’ a smartarse. It being Oct. 7th and all. And no COTM.
But OK, if y’all REALLY want a cartridge of the year, I’ll start off with anything APFSDS. Bet I get TWO votes for that one! :-)

Funny that Ray - he just voted for you.

If we are going to have a Cartridge of the Year competition why not keep it until Christmas week and everyone can take the time to think over their entry? It would be a bit of festive fun?

[quote=“Vince Green”]Funny that Ray - he just voted for you.

If we are going to have a Cartridge of the Year competition why not keep it until Christmas week and everyone can take the time to think over their entry? It would be a bit of festive fun?[/quote]

A very good idea !!
Let do it…

regards gyrojet

What would qualify a cartridge as a good contender for cartridge of the year? Would it be one that was associated with some historical event during the year, one newly discovered or recognized or developed during the year, or just whatever strikes the voter’s fancy??? I vote that it not be a .30 Krag or .450 revolver. :-)

I am now sorry that Rick started this whole thing so I am changing my vote and voting against the idea. So, you might say that I voted for it before I voted against it.

Unless everyone else votes for it in which case I will vote with the majority.

Ray

Ray,
Does that mean you also are now voting against Ron putting it all together.

I vote that it not be a wildcat, also!!!

I will let Ron and Rick work that out. It’s their problem, not mine. I’m bailing out!!

And BTW Guy, you already voted once. How many times do you think you get to vote?? just because you live in FL . . .

Ray

Humm, how about a Wildcat shotgun round, that can be loaded with sabot projectles and has even had (wildcat) armor piercing projectles made for it?

How about limiting the choice to the rounds that no one could identify, not only would it reduce the total number to chose from but open up the unknown to a further search. Vic

OK. If Ray can Flip-Flop, so can I. Not the voting against voting part, just not an APFSDS(sorry Jason). But almost. Here’s my choice. Because it photographs well, is associated with the Bradley AFV, and, well, I don’t know. Maybe I’ll change my mind after the OCT '08 COTM is posted.(November???)
Can you flip-flop more than once? Nothing in the Posting Rules about that.
Maybe a new rule, limit it to, oh, say, 3 flip-flops per post. Ron M., being the Grand Poobah here, may need to put this issue before the Board. After he gets done with coordinating the Cartridge of the Year competition. Is betting allowed? If so, I putting $20 on the following:
cartridgecollectors.org/cmo/cmo08jan.htm

Good one Rick! If your gonna ditch the APFSDS-T candidate at least you only ditched the FS part :-)

Jason

If we are going to limit the choices of “Cartrdge-of-the-Year” to items discussed on the Forum, then there is only one choice, based on the length of the thread, and that would be “TORPEDOS”. With 317 posts and having been looked at 62802 times, it is WAY ahead of any other cartridge or ammunition type. Who knew when when Jason first posted back in Feb 2007, that something as far removed from what most of us collect, would generate so much interest.

Hi Ron

That is a good idea ( “TORPEDOS”. With 317 posts and having been looked at 62802 times )

regards
gyrojet

If that is what the majority agrees on, then it was my idea in the first place and I’m all for it too. Notice that there is no equivocation or hanging chads here in AZ. (I’ll be glad when this dang election is over with. I mean, the one for Prez here in the U. S. of A. You guys in other countries don’t know what you’re missing. Statements like the one above are what we are hearing every day, ad nauseum.)

Now, who has one to send to Paul for sectioning?

Ray

Well, I for one am with Ray on this. If he’s right. Considering he invented the intraweb and all. International shipping costs of the torpedo to the Great White Up is gonna be WAAAAAAYYYYYY expensive. I say we help Jason out a little on that. Unless you don’t agree. Then we’ll just let him foot the bill. He can sell a tiger or something. Or use his royalties from the “JASON-STAMP” thing. For the cause.