Cartridge unheadstamped

This photos from qbq.cn@无悔, he was found in the armory of these ammunitions.
who know?

If you mean the unheadstamped cartridges, the clear primer seal usually indicates Chinese manufacture. I have never seen a Tokarev with that green case-mouth seal.

There seem to be variations of this unheadstamped, brass-cased Chinese Tokarev cartridge. My only one has a red seal at the neck, although the primer seal is the transparent lacquer. I have other, headstamped Chinese Tokarev rounds with the transparent neck seal.

True. I think I have clear, pinkish, and purplish-blue neck seals on Chinese unheadstamped Tokarev rounds.

I think this bullets may be produced by the CCCP.

other

The author of these photographs can be legitimate possession and use of arms and ammunition.
The majority of people can have legitimate possession of weapons and ammunition in US, that’s very good!

Cartridges of the World (by Frank C. Barnes)
who know this book?

Did Lake City made 7.65mm Browning on US military contracts?

[quote=“tiengulden”]Cartridges of the World (by Frank C. Barnes)
who know this book?[/quote]
Do you mean “do we know of this book?” If so, than yes. It’s a basic referance book for many of the more common cartridges. It does contain a number of technical errors.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my declining memory says that L C 52 is the headstamp used on the Chinese made 30 Carbine ammo that came into the US almost 20 years ago in some quantity. Conclusion at the time is that is was copied, including the headstamp, from ammunition captured in Korea.

If you remember about the same time they produced 7.62 NATO with a British RG headstamp, but a copperwashed steel case. When I first saw these I bought a box, pulled the bullets and sent the cases Air Mail to Peter Labbett and some other British friends asking asking if RG made 9x19mm in copperwashed steel cases too. Drove them crazy for a few days, and apparently confounded the guys at RG when they started getting phone calls!

Anyway, I suspect the LC 52 headstamps are 32 ACP made from the Chinese made 30 Carbine cases. Just a theory.

[quote=“Lew”]

Anyway, I suspect the LC 52 headstamps are 32 ACP made from the Chinese made 30 Carbine cases. Just a theory.[/quote]

The bullets in those cases also look like .30 Carbine.

[quote=“Lew”]Correct me if I’m wrong, but my declining memory says that L C 52 is the headstamp used on the Chinese made 30 Carbine ammo that came into the US almost 20 years ago in some quantity. Conclusion at the time is that is was copied, including the headstamp, from ammunition captured in Korea.

If you remember about the same time they produced 7.62 NATO with a British RG headstamp, but a copperwashed steel case. When I first saw these I bought a box, pulled the bullets and sent the cases Air Mail to Peter Labbett and some other British friends asking asking if RG made 9x19mm in copperwashed steel cases too. Drove them crazy for a few days, and apparently confounded the guys at RG when they started getting phone calls!

Anyway, I suspect the LC 52 headstamps are 32 ACP made from the Chinese made 30 Carbine cases. Just a theory.[/quote]

Lew, how would it work with the semi rim when one would rework a .30 carbine into a 7.65mm Browning round?

Were those Chinese .30 carbine rounds original

None of the 7.65 x 17mm Browning (.32 Auto) cartridges shown in the picture are of Russian manufacture. I agree that the ones headstamped “L C 52” may be the Chinese copies of U.S. .30 Carbine rounds cut off to make .32 auto, including a bogus Lake City headstamp. These are not, as 7.65mm Browning rounds, of Lake City Manufacture. There is an outside chance that the cases are American, but I would doubt it.

Both of the “F N *” variants appear to be legitimate FN cases. The print is correct in both instances. Many different headstamps were copied, usually poorly, on Chinese-made .32 auto ammunition, including “FN” headstamps, but these appear o.k. They are a product of Fabrique Nationale d’Armes de Guerre, Herstal, Belgium. The “SBP” headstamp also appears to be the correct, original Czech manufacture. I have a Chinese copy of an SBP headstamped round - it is dreadful, including the cartridge specs and the headstamp lettering! This one matches perfectly with original Czech rounds from my own collection. It was manufactured by Sellier & Bellot, offices in Prague, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic).

The final round, with “F TC I” headstamp also looks to be of original manufacture. There is controversey over the meaning of the “F” and the “I” with some saying it means “Fabrikalar Iskenderun” (Factories Iskenderun). Since a lot of rounds with this style headstamp are known to have been made in France and Germany, I am not sure that is a correct interpretation. I have never been able to document what it means from any Turkish source. The intertwined letters “TC” stand for "T

[quote=“Tailgunner”][quote=“tiengulden”]Cartridges of the World (by Frank C. Barnes)
who know this book?[/quote]
Do you mean “do we know of this book?” If so, than yes. It’s a basic referance book for many of the more common cartridges. It does contain a number of technical errors.[/quote]
Where this electronic version of the book? For example: pdf, doc…

Those “LC” all are our production.
These munitions will be destroyed.

An interesting cartridge from qbq.cn@28863463

Tiengulden - what is the groove (cannelure) just above the extractor groove of the 9 x 18 Makarov cartridge in your last picture? Is that a factory dummy cartridge for training purposes?

John Moss

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Tiengulden - what is the groove (cannelure) just above the extractor groove of the 9 x 18 Makarov cartridge in your last picture? Is that a factory dummy cartridge for training purposes?

John Moss[/quote]
yes, it’s a Type 59 9mm dummy cartridge for training purposes.

How to make an interesting cartridge?

cool DIY

[quote=“strakv”][quote=“Lew”]

The bullets in those cases also look like .30 Carbine.[/quote]
yes, the bullet from .30 Carbine cartridge.

This guy is GOOD!