Cartridge value question

Hi I would like to ask about value of the 600/500 experimental antitanexperimental cardidge listed at Engels Auction .

I believe that there is no price for this kind of experimental cartridges… only the price that a bidder who was looking for it for many years will pay!

You do not state what you want to know about the values. As far as auctions go, the value of any cartridge, to specific collectors, is what they are willing to pay for it. It is not a precise science, and that does not mean that some other collector would be willing to pay that same price. It also doesn’t mean that some other collector, if aware of the opportunity to obtain a specific cartridge, would not pay more for it.

Edited to correct a spelling error only

John Moss

Quoting the late Tony Edwards (https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-55-inch-boys-2)

“Late in WWI Britain had started to develop an anti-tank rifle designed by Mr.Godsal of Webley and Scott Ltd., who manufactured the pilot models. These were chambered for the newly developed .600/.500 inch cartridge which was under consideration for Air Service. Development had not progressed far when the war ended and in the immediate post -war period there was neither the funds nor the interest for further work.”

Since funding and interest for the .600/.500 abruptly ended with the end of WW1 examples of this experimental cartridge are not common.

We sold one in our 1998 sale# 2 for $800.00 + B.P., so as the others say, what ever someone is willing to pay for it, drives it home.

Lots of good stuff in this sale of Vic’s.

Basing on spécimens, showed in the ECDV database, coming from the excellent collection of the late Bill Woodin, there are two kind of cartridges designed for an anti-tank’s rifle.
The first one is a rimmed Cartridge with a rounded cupronickeled clad steel jacketed’s bullet headstamped : ELEY 600/500
The second one is a belted Cartridge with a pointed guilding metal clad steel jacketed’s bullet headstamped : ELEY 600/500A

Yes Pete, a lot of really good stuff!!

Ok thanks for your answers I would like to go up to $1200 plus buers premium. P.

So I will bet 1201$! :-D
I believe, It’s not the place to speak prices about auction’s coming…
Regards

1666$, it’s a little more than 1200$!;-)

Just a little bit. :-D

I was looking at it also, but the auction goes too high for me! Good luck!😉

Missed the end.
What did it go for?

Just only 3600$…😯

😕
Glad I collect only shotshells.
The 22 and 23 ga pinfire went for $1735 and $1000
😄😄 much better prices.

It was very crazy. It was completely out of my budget . But on the other site I saved $1666 :-D

Not so bad!😉