Caseless .22

G11 was never issued, except for very limited troop trials. Starting series production would have required an additional 60 million Deutsche Mark, which were never granted.
The loading clip box you show is from the NATO trials of 1977-1979 where the G11 was entered alongside the British 4.85 mm and the U.S. 5.56 mm XM777. In the end, the decision to adopt the Belgian SS109 as 5.56 mm NATO was taken.

Falcon - “Were the “cartridges” vulnerable to moisture or damage?”

My first Daisy V/L (with ‘missiles’) was acquired in the early1990s in central Georgia (USA), where it had sat in an old gun shop for at least a decade. No telling what condition it was stored in prior to my ownership. I lived in the humid Atlanta area for another 15+ years before moving back to Arizona. That original ammo still shoots perfectly… I’ve not experienced one single misfire (so far).

I’ve never tried exposing the rounds directly to water, but they seem surprisingly stable to me given their age and known high-humidity past.

Never issued but full regular designations (DM numbers) were already issued and gun manuals were out.

R.J., you are right, thanks for the observation.

Regards,

Fede

I have a full, unopened 10,000 round case of the Daisy V/L “missiles.” I also have several dozen individual 100 round boxes. I have understood that they were made by CIL in Canada. I see the ammunition occasionally at gun shows, and every now and then a rifle, usually the much more common version with the plastic stock. I have five of those, along with one of the wood stock “Presentation” version, and another “Presentation” set which came in a plastic hinged lid carrying case which included a pair of brass hanging hooks and the instruction manual along with the rifle. Along with those came 300 rounds of ammunition, not the 1000 rounds shown previously. Unfortunately, mine does not have the authenticity certificate, and I have never seen one outside of the picture above. For that rifle there is also an un-engraved brass plaque attached to the wood buttstock. A slightly interesting side story. I spoke with a Daisy rep at a SHOT show sometime back in the 1980s. He told me that inside the plastic rifle buttstock is molded an automobile starter gear for better weight distribution and balance, and that Daisy got a large number of those gears very cheaply at scrap iron prices and that is why they were used. I think he told me that they came from Studebaker. I always wanted to X-Ray the plastic stock to see if that story was true. Despite my having so many of the rifles, I have fired them very little. I once found that groups tend to enlarge considerably as firing progresses, perhaps as a result of bore fouling. I have also been told that Daisy was also working on several prototypes of repeating V/L rifles, but none made it into production. Does anyone know any more about those repeating rifles?

I’ve not heard of a repeater; but I did hear about prototype V/L pistols made by Daisy. It doesn’t seem any were sold before BATF shut down the V/L line.

I have a powerful magnet - I’ll see if it is attracted to my plastic stocked butt.

Like you, my Presentation Rifle came with 300 rounds of “missiles”, not 1,000 like the ad said. Maybe by 1970, distributors were trying to unload inventory. My rifle has an engraved butt stock brass plaque naming the original owner (a USA State Governor in 1968).

If you’re willing to part with some “missiles”, maybe we should private message. I do shoot mine - mostly for the novelty. :-)

Where do you live? (I am in San Antonio) I have been considering selling the ammo and some of the rifles, haven’t decided yet.

I’m near Tombstone, AZ – very southeast corner of the state. Only 25 miles north (as the crow flies) from the border.

Any idea what you’d want to about 1,000 rds of ammo?

Thanks