Catridge drawings/paintings

Not some fancy trench art or nice box artwork that is.

So lately I figured I needed to take up drawing and painting again to relieve stress from work and life and whatnot. I couldn’t figure out subject matter, so I set up some pinfires and decided to draw them with just pencil. These were a quick little sketch. I’m also working on a shotshell box still life that I’m painting, it’s probably 1/3 done.

I think I’ll do a series from my collection with a mix of single cartridges and groupings like this.

I like it! Very nice way to combine 2 hobbies…

Thank you! I think I’ll keep it up, it seems to help a lot with the day-to-day.

Very nice drawings. Please keep posting when you make more.

Nice work Strelok. Here is a painting of some 45 acp’s I just finished.

Jeez I need to step my game up!! What type of paint to you work with?

This one is done in acrylic

Very nice, I used to enjoy painting a lot with oils using glasing, so I jumped right in with that, but I’ve got a pencil drawing and an ink drawing going as well. Never did much experimentation with metallic objects, so this will be interesting

Well, keep up the good work. I paint for a living so I get a lot of practice. I was heavily influenced by the work of Ralph Goings. And being a cartridge collector my subject matter was an easy decision.

Right, I couldn’t think of a subject, then it just popped into my head, "what do I have a lot of that would be fun to paint? "

Thank you, do you have a website or gallery?

Sorry, no website or gallery.

Thanks for posting. It is nice to see other peoples talents. Keep up the good work.

Here’s another one

Neat! Thanks for sharing!