Checklist of companies using NAS3 9 mm cases

Stumbled across Zinc Point Ammunition today out of Miami. The SST cases they show are “S3” headstamed. They also seem to run a cheap plinking ammo brand called “Still American” as well.

The Zinc Point boxes appear to be going with a Jamaican flag motif:

Thanks Matt, I didn’t know they were using NAS3 cases. There was an earlier “Zinc Point” brand ammunition made by Zinc Point Co. (now abbandoned), but this one is made by Still American, LLC.

Regards,

Fede

Update: Velocity Manufacturing Co., LLC (Fort Scott Munitions). Announced in 2018 but apparently never commercialized.

If I had to guess then I would say that Fort Scott might not have been satisfied with projectile stability of solid copper when loaded into the stiff SST cases. I had noticed that some of the American Reserve “Counterstrike” EHP monolithic copper bullets were not seated at the same depth, and some of them were loose in the SST cases they used. I wonder if the SST cases are conducive to monolithic solid copper bullets in general when being seated in place?

Update: Sentinel Precision, Inc. (“No-Nonsense Ammo”) (unknown headstamp).

1 Like

Update:

• Atlas Arms Research Inc.
  • Detroit Ammunition Co. LLC.
  • KZN Ammunition (Pty) Ltd., KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
  • Long Shot Ammo LLC.
  • S&M Ammunition, Eastland, Texas.
  • Sierra Bullets, LLC.
  • Specialty Munitions, LLC.

Update:

• Gunfighter Cartridge Company, LLC (S3).

They also started manufacturing a case with a “plain aluminum” (edit: tri-valent chrome) base and standard S3 9MM LUGER headstamp around August 2020. This year this same case is also found with a new S4 9MM LUGER headstamp.

• Xts, Inc. (dba “Armorup”) (S3 9MM LUGER -tri-valent chrome-).
  • Detroit Ammunition Co. LLC (S3 9MM LUGER -tri-valent chrome-; S4 9MM LUGER -tri-valent chrome-).
  • Anvil Ammo & Arms LLC (S4 9MM LUGER -tri-valent chrome-).
  • L-Tech Enterprises, Inc. (L-Tech Ammunition) (unknown headstamp -tri-valent chrome-).

01-12-21

01-12-21a

Update on the new base coating mentioned above as “plain aluminum”:

“Initially Shell Shock used electroless-nickel plating to coat our aluminum bases. Electroless nickel plating provided the required protection, but was not a scalable process as demand for NAS³ cases increased. To cope with the spike in demand that occurred during 2020, we switched to a different method of coating the aluminum bases: tri-valent chrome”.

Two more companies using the new tri-valent chrome case:

• ArmTact LLC (unknown headstamp).
  • Mountain City Supply LLC (unknown headstamp).
  • Steel Ops Ltd. (S4 9MM LUGER).

Plus a new headstamp:

• S3 F 9MMLUGER (tri-valent chrome) = F ” is a small subscript to identify a second source manufacturer. It replaced the S4 headstamp that is not longer made.

Recently I obtained the following list from SST.

If someone has the time it would be great if they expanded it to enter the names of companies, if known, who used the various headstamps! any other information, like DKs on the G9 hst would also be a useful note. If you are interested, I can email you a word document with this list.

The S3 headstamps with a lower case letter added identify companies who manufactured NAS3 cases for SST under cpntract.

Cheers,
Lew

Shell Shock Headstamps (as of 4/9/21)

9MM LUGER MV
9MM LUGER ATL
9MM LUGER FTA
9MM LUGER S3
9MM LUGER S4
9MM LUGER S3f
9MM LUGER S3 s
9MM LUGER S3 g
9MM LUGER S3 a
9MM LUGER S3 st
9MM LUGER S3 c
9MM LUGER S3 cm
9MM LUGER S3 h
9MM LUGER DCD
9MM LUGER DHA
9MM LUGER APRS
9MM LUGER C3
9MM LUGER NovX
9MM LUGER SMAC
9MM LUGER G2R
9MM LUGER AA
9MM LUGER KIND
9MM LUGER+P NovX
9MM LUGER+P BWA
9MM LUGER+P G9
9MM LUGER G9
9MM LUGER+P ST
223REM DHA
223REM NovX
223REM S3
380AUTO NovX
380AUTO S3
380AUTO DCD
45AUTO BWA
45AUTO S3
45ACP NovX
45ACP+P NovX
308 WIN S3
40S&W NovX
40S&W+P NovX
40S&W+P S3
40S&W S3
5.56x45 C3
5.56x45 S3
7.65x51 C3
300BLK BWA
300BLK NovX
5.56NATO 20 NovX
5.56NATO 21 NovX
7.62NATO 20 NovX
7.62NATO 21 NovX
7.62NATO 21 S3
5.56NATO 21 S3
5.56 S3
7.62x51 S3
300 BLK S3
4.6x30 S3

AP RS is Alsa Pro s.r.o, Czech Republic. Loaded Shell Shock Technologies ammunition for a shooter named Robin Sebo.

NOVX: Timberghost Tactical, LLC, Calhoun, GA, USA.
New manufacturer as of Fall 2017. Make revolver/ Pistol specialty NaS3 rounds with stainless steel casings. Novx is a brand of theirs.

BWA is Blackwater Ammunition, Mellieha, Malta
(PBM Ltd.). Manufacturer of Ammunition, bullets and military gear for the civilian market. Started producing ammunition in 2018. Currently offers calibers in 9mm Luger, .45 ACP, .223 Remington, .308 Winchester and .50 BMG and new 10x100mm cartridge. Some cases they have are using Shell Shock Technologies S3 casings.
www.blackwaterammo.com

C3: Chesapeake Cartridge Corp., Richburg, SC, USA. Newer ammunition company established in 2009, using cases by Shell Shock Technologies.

S3, S3F, S4, SST all shell shock themselves. I suspect S3s, S3g and S3a, S3 st, S3 a, S3 cm, S3h also by shellshock representing some change to the plating or similar.

SMAC: Hailey Ordnance Co., Oklahoma City, OK, USA. Cartridge headstamp letters are for Seismic Ammunition Company. Unsure of the relationship between these two companies at this moment. Cases made by Shell Shock Technologies.

The rest I hope I can research later.

G9 is
G9 Bullets & Ammunition, Lakewood, CO, USA. Business started in 2014. Manufactures specialty bullets and has some cartridges loaded using Starline Brass and some with Shell Shock Technology cases. As of Jan 1, 2020, their web site does not work. There appears to be some working relationship between G9 and American Reserve Munitions (ARM) as headstamps from each company are often intermixed in boxes. Note: their web site also does not work.

AA is Anderson Arms
made by Shell Shock Technologies, Westport, CT, USA.

G2R is G2R Research USA: https://g2rammo.com/

G9 is G9 Defense: g9 9mm

g9 ammo

Hi Lew, great update, thank you very much for sharing. Most headstamps are already identified on the 3rd post of this thread: Checklist of companies using NAS3 9 mm cases - #3 by Fede

I suspect there are some errors on this list, because ARM, VM, LTA and SST are missing and MV, ATL and ST are listed instead.

Regarding the ones not listed:

• DCD: Unknown.
  • DHA: Unknown.
  • FTA: Full Throttle Arsenal LLC, Marion, Montana (haven’t seen any cartridges using NAS3 cases).
  • G2R: G2 Research, Inc., Winder, Georgia (confirmed with S3 headstamp but didn’t know about this one).
  • KIND: Kind Sniper LLC, McLean, Virginia (haven’t seen any cartridges using NAS3 cases).

Regards,

Fede

Fede, DHA is Dark Horse Ammunition, Santa Anna, Texas
dark horse 9mm

Thanks Curtis! Just noted I have it on my list but only observed with “S3” headstamp so far. The company name is Ascendance International, LLC.

no headstamp just red base

Curtis,

Are you sure there is no headstamp? The one box/packet I looked at all the rounds were headstampsed but the markings on some cases were very light and difficult to see.

Headstamp: image
Photo from:

Brian

1 Like

Mine was blank…maybe an early round

1 Like

Can you post a picture? Around 2016 they made unheadstamped cases with red bases for promotional purposes.

1 Like