Chemical warfare in WWII

The M1 bio is not a regular flechette any more than a Rolls is a regular automobile.

Apart from above. Does anyone know of anybody who ever used chemical or biological agents in or on small arms ammunition?
I’m thinking about the scene in a James Cagney(?) movie where a man is smearing garlic on .45 bullets and states that it causes blood poisioning to set in. Rather an implausable scene but the film makers must have got it from somewhere.

The use of tallow on old muzzle loader bullets must have caused a huge number of deaths from infections. And before that in the middle ages when archers stuck their arrows in the ground prior to firing must similarly have killed many.

The only example I can think of off hand are the mercury bullets as made popular in Jaws.

Gen Pershing ordered pig fat grease to be used on shells against the Moslems.

Mercury is not poisonnous (at least within a few years!) if injected in the body
JP

Regarding the use of pigskins and pig fat on Muslims, I did a historical presentation several years back regarding the Spanish-American War and the Philippine campaign. I had initially intended to relate the oft-told story regarding Pershing’s porcine actions against the Jurimentados, but upon doing some research, I found that there was no evidence that Pershing ever actually took such actions. What I found (or didn’t find) has been elaborated upon at Snopes, see snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

i don’t know about philippine campain.
But for sure (i.e my two uncles who made Indochina and Algeria wars in the para trops) we did that in Algeria with the terrorists :
Threaten to burry them in pigs skins to encourage them to talk
And it worked well.

I see that some of the people here will freak out now !!!
It is not all PC !!! But they are the facts, i am sorry.

And it is not torture.
And it is far less than the gratuitous humiliations the US trops did in Irak.
In the Algerian case the purpose was to have info and quickly, not a long psychological torture.
And don’t worry, they were not burried into the skin. (At least I will have no problem with the animals leagues).
Too expansive and time consomming.

Amazing to see the US special troops (and perhaps more) before going to Irak had in their training to see the movies “Alger battle” and all the comments about it

I personally feel, you do what EVER it takes to win a war. Your object is to take the will of the people and Soldiers, and make the casualty’s on your side as light as possible.

Best to take that up with the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committe.

i don’t know about philippine campain.
But for sure (i.e my two uncles who made Indochina and Algeria wars in the para trops) we did that in Algeria with the terrorists :
Threaten to burry them in pigs skins to encourage them to talk
And it worked well.

I see that some of the people here will freak out now !!!
It is not all PC !!! But they are the facts, i am sorry.

And it is not torture.
And it is far less than the gratuitous humiliations the US trops did in Irak.
In the Algerian case the purpose was to have info and quickly, not a long psychological torture.
And don’t worry, they were not burried into the skin. (At least I will have no problem with the animals leagues).
Too expansive and time consomming.

Amazing to see the US special troops (and perhaps more) before going to Irak had in their training to see the movies “Alger battle” and all the comments about it[/quote]

How about we stick to ammunition and leave the POLITICS for other chat sites? If you want to play " bad behaviour by countries " there are PLENTY to add about FRANCE.

Ammo related , PLEASE !

Back to ammo related;

The Japs in WW2 ordered their soldiers to shoot medics coming to help the wounded. American soldiers were ordered NOT to shoot medics.