Climax 12g shell

Is this US military ammo?

No 100% sporting
The US is United States Ammunition Co.

PetedeCoux
THE COMPANY NAME WAS ACTUALLY “THE UNITED STATES CARTRIDGE COMPANY” THE COMPANY WAS FOUNDED BY CIVIL WAR GENERAL BENJAMIN F. BUTLER AND LOCATED IN LOWELL, MASSACHUSETTS. AFTER CIRCA 1931 THEIR SHELLS WERE ACTUALLY FABRICATED BY WINCHESTER REPEATING ARMS COMPANY.

Hi George
your 100% correct.
All I can say it was late when I posted my incorrect answer. I was in a hurry & thus screwed up. Thanks for such a light tap in the knuckles.

Old post,but why start a new one…(O:
And thanks to everyone who updates their photobucket-pics!!

These cartridges is believed to be loaded at Nitedals Krudtværk,Norway at the end of WW 1,due to problems getting their ordinary shells from Eley.England.
Any thoughts on that Eley should have had problems producing shells for NK at this time?

Nitedals was taken over by Nitroglyserincompagniet in 1917,and soon thereafter they got their shells from RWS.

Finn

Wish it was on a new post as it is another country’s product we’re discussing and will be harder to search for.

At any rate I can’t explain the reason for Eley not supplying hulls, but the shells on the right side of this board are by Remington-UMC. So evidently other US companies supplied Nitedals hulls. (I haven’t unscrewed any red ones on the left side)

Nitedal%20shells

These green Ekstra cartridges came later,around WW 2.
The starcrimped you show is from around 1958-64.
Some of them has misspelled RØKFRI with an X.

I think the red ones are German hulls.
Finn

The Climax you show is ca. 1915 to 1923.

The Romax is ca. 1911 to the early 1920’s when production was suspended but resumed in 1927 but with a flat, not grooved head.

Info from I Want Some Black Shells by Windy Klinect

If that’s any help.