Clip

Somebody helped me and told me he was collecting clips documentation.
I don’t remember who !

Anyway, here is a SFM drawing I found.
jp

[quote=“jean-pierre”]Somebody helped me and told me he was collecting clips documentation.
I don’t remember who !

Anyway, here is a SFM drawing I found.
jp
[/quote]

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I believe that it was me, thanks for the scan of the clip drawing. Do you know which manufacturer AEP is, we have this marking on other clips too?

gravelbelly

Yes Dave it was you!
I am just sorting some new documentation and I remeber I promish some clips drawings to somebody !

Regarding AEP, I must have the info somewhere but where !!!
Within the time I find it you will surely have the answer!!
jp

[quote=“jean-pierre”]Yes Dave it was you!
I am just sorting some new documentation and I remeber I promish some clips drawings to somebody !

Regarding AEP, I must have the info somewhere but where !!!
Within the time I find it you will surely have the answer!!
jp[/quote]

Thanks Jean-Pierre,

And I still have to send you the scans of the Midland Gun Co catalogue don’t I?

gravelbelly

yes, but not in the hurry!
I have seen some other drawings but be patient because I would like to scan first drawings for me (and take of my scanner before he was broken as the two others ones. And this in 3 months!)
JP

Could possibly be Anciens

[quote=“Jon C.”]Could possibly be Anciens

The charger in question was most certainly made by Anciens

In case others are interested, I recently received an amazing CD Book on Charger Clips & Ammunition Stripper Clips from CSAEOD. The CD features tons of extremely detailed drawings, very similar to the one JP posted by a man named Charles V. Elder. If you are into this subject matter you may want to contact Dr. Schmitt (CSAEOD) directly or look at his reference auctions on EBAY, Auctionarms.com, or Gunbroker.com. I saw my copy on Ebay.

Jason

THIS ONE IS COMING FROM SFM ARCHIVES
NOT FROM THE CD
JP

Very cool! What are the SFM Archives? The CD book CSAEOD has is filled with very similar line drawings by Charles Elder, of clips of all calibers covering numerous countries of manufacture. VERY DETAILED. I definitely recommend it if one wants a large detailed reference source.

SFM was a French company issued from the union of Gevelot and Gaupillat.
Bischweiler (Walbinger Meuschel) in Germany, Leon Beaux in Italy , Cartoucherie Russo Belge and Anderlecht in Belgium and some other small companies in England were part of it.
Till 1914 it was the biggest ammunition company.
Many other countries companies like UEE in Spain for example were selling ctges which were made by SFM but with their own hstp.

Archives are archives, meaning factory drawings, construction tables, loading tables and so on.
You can recognize factory drawings because there are always tolerances on dimensions (and this is very important !!) and SFM ones always have a number.
15000 SFM drawings are existing.
Plus other documents and files! lol!

Thanks JP for explaining that to me. Really fascinating.

Jason

[quote=“JohnMoss”]The charger in question was most certainly made by Anciens

[quote=“APFSDS”]In case others are interested, I recently received an amazing CD Book on Charger Clips & Ammunition Stripper Clips from CSAEOD. The CD features tons of extremely detailed drawings, very similar to the one JP posted by a man named Charles V. Elder. If you are into this subject matter you may want to contact Dr. Schmitt (CSAEOD) directly or look at his reference auctions on EBAY, Auctionarms.com, or Gunbroker.com. I saw my copy on Ebay.

Jason[/quote]

Jason,

I cannot find that CD on either Ebay or Gunbroker but then I am pretty useless at setting up a good search on the internet. Can you point me in the right direction please?

gravelbelly

Hi Gravelbelly;
Their are more then one copy available on EBAY, but here is the direct link to one of the auctions.

cgi.ebay.com/AMMUNITION-CLIPS-AN … dZViewItem