"Cold" tracers

I just found this presentation on the subject. It sheds ligt on new directions development is going to.
The attentive reader will find there a name from this forum. Seeing this it seems that even industry and developing entities are regulars on our forum. Good to see! Wish we had more public feedback from this direction.

dtic.mil/ndia/2015smallarms/17367_Kent.pdf

Thanks EOD for finding and posting. Always makes me smile to see these pictures used in a professional pro ammunition (or gun ) manner. Its just funny that when you try and contact anyone outside our hobby, they avoid you like the plague!
Here is another that was brought to my attention. Believe that some of Paul Smiths sections are also on another one of there pages.
Kevin

tungsten-alloy.com/tungsten- … nents.html

[quote=“wolfganggross”] Here is another that was brought to my attention. Believe that some of Paul Smiths sections are also on another one of there pages.
tungsten-alloy.com/tungsten- … nents.html[/quote]
It seems greedy for this Chinese company to not give Paul and yourself credit, where it is due. It is boarder lined criminal!

-Dave

I am surprised that the author puts the SBR tracers and the Polycase tracers on a page of what are supposed to be reduced-risk or cold tracers. Those are traditional as far as I am aware. It looks like the author is promoting his own design of cold glowing chemical tracer element for bullet bases.

Another presentation along the same lines: dtic.mil/ndia/2010armament/T … chmidt.pdf

Brian

Brian, thanks for that one!

[quote=“wolfganggross”]Its just funny that when you try and contact anyone outside our hobby, they avoid you like the plague!
[/quote]

Kevin, you are absolutely correct and I think almost all of us have this experinece. I personally never do referr to myself as a collector, nor do I consider myself to be one.

Over here in Germany people often loose all credibility in the public when they disclose themselfes as ammunition collectors. In particular when dealing with authorities.

One needs to keep in mind that collectors are just a pain in the a… They ask questions on stuff the company people often have no answer to (also on headstamps), want to know about classified or confidential business and do not generate any income for the entity. Also the time on shows is very limited and is preferrably spent on real customers. So why talking to collectors?

Having learned this long ago I only refer to my professional occupation(s) and try to adjust my wording and questions to the regarding situ. Means I start with general questions and show interest in their products and interact with their answers and once I have got their attention and gained credibility I do blend in the one or few (main) questions I had in mind.
Very often interesting conversations developed from this and I walked away with answers, catalogs and lots of extra info.