Colombian 7.65x54 box with I.M.P.A. 1946 headstamp

According to Municion.org, this headstamp was made by Indústrias Metalúrgicas y Plásticas Argentinas, Buenos Aires. But the box, which I got already open, mentions a Colombian factory. Is this a mismatch between the box and contents or an Argentine contract just labeled by Colombia?

At first look, the “CAL. .30” would suggest a miss-match.

This box also has a cool cartridge support insert, I never saw such an expensive detail in a military package.

[quote=“sksvlad”]According to Municion.org, this headstamp was made by Indústrias Metalúrgicas y Plásticas Argentinas, Buenos Aires. But the box, which I got already open, mentions a Colombian factory. Is this a mismatch between the box and contents or an Argentine contract just labeled by Colombia?

[/quote]

Box mismatch !!!.

This is most certainly a box mismatch. The box is from the mid-1960s, probably about 1966, It is for .30-06 ammunition, not 7.65 Argentine Mauser. The headstamp would, most likely, have been “30 IM 30 66” or some other 1960s date, with the “IM” standing for “Industria Militar” or “Industrias Militares.” I have seen this name expressed in both the singular and the plural.