Colt .22 LR & 12 ga TELESHOT loadings

Whats the real story on the brass colt .22lr I have a tube and was just checking.

I have heard explosive…if so what type ?? I have fired a round and it well did nothing but fire as a normal round .

I have heard CIA issue hmmmmm???

I have heard total crap overall…any info??

I quote directly from “The .22” Rimfire Cartridge, a Headstamp & Identification Guide," page 33, by Barry W. Gracia of New Zealand: “Teleshot was a short-lived product of Colt’s Pyrodynamics of Alglen, U.S.A. The cartridge is a Long Rifle case laoded with a brass cylinder projectile incorporating a delay fuse and designed to explode in flight as a bird-scaring device. The concept appeared in the early 1970s, but following illicit use, was shortly discontinued.”

I seem to recall another “Teleshot” ammunition product we sold for awhile in our store, but might just be hallucinating. I seem to recall it was a 12 Gauge shotshell of some sort. I think it had the same purpose. I can almost picture the box in my mind, but again, I could be clear off-base on this. Way out of my field!

It is possible that after 30-some years, your cartridge that you fired simply did not function as designed.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]I quote directly from “The .22” Rimfire Cartridge, a Headstamp & Identification Guide," page 33, by Barry W. Gracia of New Zealand: “Teleshot was a short-lived product of Colt’s Pyrodynamics of Alglen, U.S.A. The cartridge is a Long Rifle case laoded with a brass cylinder projectile incorporating a delay fuse and designed to explode in flight as a bird-scaring device. The concept appeared in the early 1970s, but following illicit use, was shortly discontinued.”

I seem to recall another “Teleshot” ammunition product we sold for awhile in our store, but might just be hallucinating. I seem to recall it was a 12 Gauge shotshell of some sort. I think it had the same purpose. I can almost picture the box in my mind, but again, I could be clear off-base on this. Way out of my field!

It is possible that after 30-some years, your cartridge that you fired simply did not function as designed.[/quote]

Yes…their also was a 12ga “birdbomb” 12ga.THANKS for info.

Thanks for posting that box label for the 12 gauge. It was exactly as I had it pictured in my mind! At least I know that I haven’g become completely senile!