Combustible Cartridges - Real or Memorex?

I’ve had these two packets longer than I can remember. I do know that I got them back when such things were not like a winning lottery ticket and before it became fashionable to make reproductions. But, I’m not sure. For you guys who collect such things, is there a way to tell their age. (Sorry about the photo quality).

Ray

Ray:

THE SAGE PACKET IS ALREADY DATED FOR YOU, THE PATENT DATE SHOULD BE CLOSE ENOUGH. THE SECOND PACKET IS OF THE TYPE MANUFACTURED FROM AFTER THE CIVIL WAR UP TO THE LATE 1890’s. NOT MEMOREX. HOWEVER, FAKES OR REPRODUCTIONS OF COMBUSTIBLE PACKETS HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE 1950’s. OH YES, LET’S NOT FORGET THAT WE ALSO HAVE GENUINE WOOD BLOCKS AND WRAPPERS THAT HAVE BEEN FILLED WITH FAKE CARTRIDGES. TWENTY YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A PACKET (WRAPPER TYPE) FOR HAZARD’S COMPRESSED CARTRIDGES. OPENED IT UP WHILE STANDING AT THE TABLE OF THE MAN I HAD JUST PAID FOR IT AND DISCOVERED CARTRIDGES WITH ORIGINAL BULLETS AND CIGARETTE PAPER POWDER ENVELOPES. I DEMANDED MY MONEY BE RETURNED AND THE RED FACED GENTLEMAN COMPLIED. I HAVE MANY OTHER STORIES WITH REGARD TO COMBUSTIBLE CARTRIDGES AND THEIR CONTAINERS BUT NONE BEAR ANY ADDITIONAL MEANING TO YOUR QUESTION SO I’LL JUST SHUT UP NOW. NICE PACKETS, ESPECIALLY THE D.C.SAGE BLOCK.