Coming soon ".224 Valkyrie" from Federal

Coming soon “.224 Valkyrie” from Federal, 1300 feet with a sub-sonic !

Best,
Dave Call
www.ammo-one1.com or www.ammo-one.com

224 Valkyrie

I’ve already got one. :D

I’m still waiting :-(

Article from the NRA on this round.

Adding new calibers for ARs has almost become kitsch with the level of campiness. We are almost to the point where you can’t tell if the people who come up with these calibers take them seriously or just try to shove their foot through the doggy door to try and jump on the bandwagon.

Needless to say I want one either way xD

It’s here at last far right picture (.223 on left, .224 Valkyrie on Right)

Maybe Smaller is Better ?

Here’s a video from TGC (The Gun Collective)'s Facebook page on SSK’s 90 great. loading for .224 Valkyrie:

You’ll have to copy/paste until I can get to a computer to do the hyperlink.

Edit: guess the forum coding is smarter than I would have guessed! Looks like the link created itself.

I received some of the recently released Hornady .224 Valkyrie today, below is a headstamp. Also shown is the Starline headstamp that I had posted in another thread about new Starline rifle-caliber headstamps. As far as I know, the headstamp count for this caliber stands at 3 including the original Federal “FC” version.

hornady%20224%20valkyrie%20hs

Starline%20224%20valkyrie

Not sure this caliber is going to take off with shooters, time will tell, most likely not as well as the 300 Blackout has done. I have 2 Blackouts; rifle and pistol and a suppressor to follow, love them. The 9 inch pistol 300 Blackout with (legal) short stabilizer stock and loaded with S&B 200 grain sub-sonic is doing 2 inch groups at 100 yards in Maine, where a 100 yards is hard to find without trees in the way :-) Maybe in the western wide open spacers the Valkyrie will work best.