Coming to St. Louis?

I’m curious to know which non-US collectors might be coming to the St. Louis show. If possible, can you post or PM about any long-distance attendees?

Oh, and yes, you Canadians are included.

Hello!

Despite the great interest of the SLICS and the happiness to see a lot of friendly US people, I am not coming for two reasons:

• book not finished
  • and the main reason : I do not want to buy a special biometric passport just only to come to USA when mine is valid for all the other countries of the word

I hope next year !
JP

The Dutch are coming Jacqueline,Ronald ,John and Harrie
Hope to see you all…

regards
Harrie

Don’t eat all the ribs!

Jon.
The usual crew from Canada with be there (6 or 7 at least). We promise not to bring any snow down.

Will.

Will,
Did you ever get my email w/pics of a ball cap tin?

The St. Louis Show is one of the finest in the world.

Not only for the cartridges, more important seeing my dearest US friends.
To be fair, it cost a lot of money.

It is worth each penny

Dutch

The fact it takes great economic/time/trouble expense for our international travelers does not go un-noticed (and very much appreciated ) by the “locals”

Jon.
I have been so engrossed with work that I have missed many e-mails and not answered many more. Please resend it or bring the tin to St. Louis.

Cheers.
Will.

[quote=“Dutch”]The St. Louis Show is one of the finest in the world.

Not only for the cartridges, more important seeing my dearest US friends.
To be fair, it cost a lot of money.

It is worth each penny

Dutch[/quote]

Dutch I agree with that…

all my best
gyrojet

[quote=“jean-pierre”]Hello!
: I do not want to buy a special biometric passport just only to come to USA when mine is valid for all the other countries of the word

I hope next year !
JP[/quote]

JP - I’m surprised you would have to buy a biometric passport. According to this State Dept. website it just needs to be “machine readable:”

A machine-readable passport has certain biographical data entered on the data page in accordance with standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Doc 9303, Part 1 Machine-Readable Passports. These standards address issues such as the size of the passport and photograph, arrangement of data fields, and the two lines of printed machine-readable data that appear at the bottom of the page. Machine-readable passports can be read by scanning the two lines of printed data through special readers. Below is an example of how the biographical data page in a machine-readable passport might look:

[i]Travelers should contact their country

[quote=“Cyberwombat”][
JP - I’m surprised you would have to buy a biometric passport. According to this State Dept. website it just needs to be “machine readable:”

Were you told different?[/quote]

We need to go to USA :

1. either an optical passeport (the one you talk about) issued before October 26 2005
  2. either a biometric passeport since October 2005.
  3. either you have to ask for a visa (85 Euros)

But:

1. They don’t talk of the passports issued before October 2005 which are not optical and which are valid 10 years !
    You got an old passport still valid (like myself, I have 2 valid ones and i must have a third one somewhere which is still valid!). It means you are stuck !
  2. In france they were very late delivering biometric passports, and used to deliver from October 2005 to October 2008 passeports which in fact are not biometric but only optical !! france asked delays many times but now it is finished. You are stuck again !

If I add the fact they take you a picture of your eye, plus two fingerprints, (and 8 now! ), and you have to send a request by internet since January 2009 (!), it is very pleasant !

JP

Traveling to SLICS has a high position on my ‘bucket list’, right next to ‘ordering and eating a super mega huge sized menu at Mc Donalds somewhere in the US’. But at this moment and in the upcoming years, I don’t have the money and time to go there. Doesn’t matter, it’s a nice thing to look forward to!

What sort of passport does a UK citizen nead to enter the USA these days? I have a current UK “machine readable” passport, which has not expired. Would that be accepted, or would I also need a “biometric” one?

Call the US embassy.