Cool primer in 7.92x57

Is this primer covered with some kinda chemical compound or what? Unmarked box with no stripper clips (or chargers).

It is a normal Czech post-war steel primer cup, finished to prevent rusting. I don’t know what the exact finish is - perhaps some sort of bonderized finish. The headstamp is quite unusual. Usally, the bxn is at 12 O’Clock and the 4 at 6 O’Clock. I have a number of variations of the post-war rounds like this, but have never seen this particular headstamp arrangement before.

It looks like zinc plating that has oxidized. A copy of the WWII German zinc plated steel primer perhaps? I think it was called “verzincdet” or something? My German is terribly rusty…

AKMS

Dear John “7.92 Mauser Expert” Moss,
The headstamp is “uxa” at 12:00. Up late last night?!?!?
Love,
Jon

Sorry for confusion, my mistake, I have inverted the scan since both John Moss and I read “uxa” as “bxn”. That is a funny optical illusion. “uxa” = Zbrojovka Vlasim, Narodni Podnik, Vlasim.

Vlad - the trouble with your explanation is that perhaps you have an excuse for reading the “uxa” as “bxn”. Unfortunately, I do not, since I have lots of these "uxa headstamps - there are several variants, even some with no headstamps - in my collection and know them well, including the fact that the code is “uxa” and not “bxn.”

Of course, Jon knows me quite well; well enough to know I am about two liters shy of having a full tank between my ears. Regarding up late, not last night. However, the night before, which counts, I was up with guests until about 10:00 PM and then had to get up at 3:30 because they left to return home from the airport here, and then had to be at our range at 6:30 in the morning to finish preps for a cowboy shoot that day. By the time I answered this question, I was more rum-dum than usual, if that is possible.

Now, does anyone have any .nop - coded 9mm cartridges for me to identify?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but why “uxa” is not on the IAA list of headstamps? I just got 7.92x57 with “uxa 44” headstamp and went back to the list. Is this another illusion?

I possess a cartridge without Headstamps but with the same crimp and the same color of primer.[/img]

[quote=“AKMS”]It looks like zinc plating that has oxidized. A copy of the WWII German zinc plated steel primer perhaps? I think it was called “verzincdet” or something? My German is terribly rusty…

AKMS[/quote]

AKMS, the Czechoslovak used up stocks until years after the war and the primer is a corroded “verzinkt” made during the war.

I have seen Z50 boxes stating the use of Kurz powder made by rdf in 1942 by the way.